Goals for November 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Please use the October thread for your final updates pertaining to October's goals.

We're in the home stretch of 2014, but before you get to look back and reflect on the past year there's still two solid months of grinding time. Hundreds of work hours. That's enough time to accomplish a lot of things... What are your goals for November?

My thoughts are: where the hell did 2014 go? I swear it was just Jan a little while ago....

Nov 1st! Perfect day to get started!

This month my goals are to...
- Read a book. (I haven't done this for a long time.)
- Double my traffic. (Not starting at a huge number so it should be possible :tongue:)
- Go for a walk everyday. (Weather permitting!)
- Try 4 new things to make money online. (1 week each maybe. I'm giving myself a chance to try out things that have intimidated me or that I have been curious about. One of them is making a kindle ebook. I'm going to start with that.)

Progress Report

My pomodoro stats:

Screen_Shot_2014_11_03_at_8_57_50_PM.png

Last week was extremely productive. I've had to re-learn that relying on others is a waste of time. I cut down on a lot of nonsense, but still had time for enjoyment. It states 71 pomodoros. but something happened to my computer so Saturday should be at 6 and Sunday should be at 3. making a total of 77 pomodoros; previous week was at 70, so I'm improving. Even with my main CPU crashing, I was able to keep up the pace. I took a bit of a Sunday off to rest, but came back strong today.

Goals for November

Goal #1 - Pipeline Project - Going to get this going no matter what. Problem I face is the holidays are coming, and people in this industry like fucking around and not doing shit until January, so we'll see.

Goal #2 - New Web Corp - Going to get something going with Project #2 at the bare minimum. Project #1 is stalled probably indefinitely.

Goal #3 - Corporate Blitz Project - Project is continuing to kill it, and we'll be bringing on over a dozen new partners this month, so it should be a good month.

Goal #4 - Personal Well Being - Got back in the gym on Saturday, went 80% of max, doing a lot better on eating real food, less nonsense. I should have been back in the gym today, but I slacked, will plan on going tomorrow in the morning at minimum.

Goal #5 - Brand Project (former Resurrection) - this is a 3 part project now. First is a bootcamp type of website. 2nd is my main blog, and 3rd is a push for one of my software services. I'm scheduling out a ton of things to write about and come back into the game strong. We'll see how that goes.

Top Priority
- Taking outreach for BuSo to the next level.
I've been reaching out to communities beyond the typical SEO and IM crowd. A wider variety of people, all coming together to perfect their marketing strategies... that's exciting to me. The more variety we have, the larger our collective pool of knowledge and skills will be and that's a win for everyone. So that's my top priority. Obviously, I'll take any help I can get :wink:.
- New viral brand. This is a joint-venture with a couple of partners. A real lightning-strikes kind of thing, we've got a great synergy going on and it's off to an incredible start. (I MIGHT chronicle this in a case study but no promises.)
- Tieing up loose ends. I want to get everything out of limbo so I can enter December with as clear of a plate as possible and just go HAM on the projects that matter most.

Medium Priority
- Sorting out paperwork. Tax stuff, getting a head start on that so it's not frantic in the coming months.
- Downsizing and decluttering. I have so much stuff sitting around my home that I never use, just getting in the way... I admire those minimalist guys who can fit all of their possessions in a big Rubbermaid. I don't want to go that deep, but I want to get rid of a lot of stuff. Good time of year to donate it to charity.
- Maintenance. Just keeping everything else rollin' smoothly...

Low Priority
- Nothing.
Not worth it when we're in the home stretch. It's too late to waste any time on low priority stuff.

Goals for November

1) Pull off my Sorority's fundraiser- SUCCESS! Today went off with only a few hitches, but overall I'm really proud of myself! Now my time has significantly freed up and I can focus on my online endeavors!

2) Write at least 10 new pieces of content for my site by November 16th- That gives me one piece of content per day starting today. This shouldn't be too bad. Hopefully I can write more, but this is my baseline figure. I didn't write shit last month.

3) Resume writing content for some side income- Still not 100% sure about this one, but I may once again dabble in freelance writing.

4) Achieve at least 1 hour of focused study per day. Achieved this last month. And aced all my exams so far. One more mid-term left. Will continue to do this. Finals are in December and I'm not gonna fuck around.

5) Stop skipping lectures. - Still working on this lol. Although I've realised that I'm getting by just fine.

6) Resume practicing coding at least 1 hour per day. I didn't code shit last month. I've really gotta pick that back up

7) Continue early morning jogging routine. -Still going fine.

Goals For November 2014

#1 - [9-5] Email Automation
Understand, write content for and implement an email automation program for my 9-5 which focuses on lead generation and creating value for the customer.

#2 - [Personal] First Website Launch
Create my first project focusing on a low search/low competition keyword just to get a win under my belt and learn the ropes. By the 30th I will have a new site up, 10 pieces of content produced and all the social media profiles created.

#3 - [Health] Back To The Gym

Over the past couple of months work has got in the way of health and I'm paying for it now so November is all about getting back in the gym 3 times a week.

#4 - [9-5] Conversion Benchmarks

Following the launch of our new transactional website I'm keen to spend the month benchmarking conversion rates and sign up rates to give me something to focus on through December and into the new year.

Goals For November

#1 - By the end of this month be fluent in HTML5/CSS3
Already have a good basic understanding. Did the entire html/css codeacademy course tonight. Good stuff. Going to be drilling through as many hands-on tutorials as I can this month. Next month move onto the next step.

#2 - Physical/Mental/Spiritual Health
Really need to better myself. This past week I ate super healthy. No fried foods, no soda, no junk. All lean protein, fruits, & veggies. Fell off the bandwagon fri/sat and feel horrible. I can tell a difference mentally when I'm fueling my body right. That takes care of physical/mental. Also need to devote more time to reading my Bible and studying.

#3 - Get development on my video plugin back and going.
That pretty much sums it up. Lead developer has been out of contact for a while since busy with full-time job. Thus the whole goal #1. Can't keep having to rely on others.

#4 - Write something engaging for BuSo
So this was also planned last month and it didn't finish. Listed my plugin on Flippa for some extra funds for our retail business for the holidays.. probably will do a write-up of creating a plugin and selling the company on Flippa. Ah. Bitter~sweet. Will be a good learning experience though.

Late, but alas..

#1 Getting back on track
A lot of sites got dropped / forgotten / etc... simply because I had a lot on my plate and an awful lot of trouble with hosting.
So this goal is getting at least 3 sites back online (WP install, DNS reg, themes, etc.. as well as getting them a good restart)

#2 10 posts for blindapeseo
Self explanatory, really.
Blind ape is a nice site (if I say so myseld) but can definitely get some more regular content.

#3 Starting my BuSo engagement right...
I have one or two things I'll write on here instead of on the blindape

#4 Back to the (home)gym
Fatass.

#5 Practice more python
Lucky me, I can just do this at work. Being CTO has its perks.
I want to get my pet project (semantic analysis / related articles) all the way to the testing stage this month.

::emp::

I've been insanely busy with school, but my goal for this month is to get my sites unpenalized that I mentioned before. I used that link that @Devil Anse shared and have gathered up all of my backlinks into one file. It's time to begin reaching out to them and seeing which are still live or not and keeping record of it for our evil overlord.

@CCarter how long is one of your pomodoro's? Are you following the classic time structure?

@CCarter how long is one of your pomodoro's? Are you following the classic time structure?

My pomodoros are 25 mins long. I hardly take those 5 mins breaks, usually just power through them.

Screen_Shot_2014_11_09_at_7_43_43_PM.png

This week I dropped quite a bit from 77 to 55, but I attribute that to doing so many random things for planning workflows that there was a ton of reduction in straight pomodoros, so I'm at 55 for the last week. I plan on hitting at least 70 this coming up week.

My goals for the end of the year, beginning of the year (not just November) are as follows:

Double the daily traffic to my (3) current projects.

Add Instagram to my traffic leak arsenal.

Test some other social platforms for traffic and their effectiveness.

I see the holiday period as a really good testing period.

Fix the motorcycle I crashed and sell it. Then sell my new one as well and upgrade. :smile:

Wonder if CCarter is using the classical definition of a Pomodoro.
In this, a pomodoro would be a completely uninterrupted 25 minutes of work.
If interrupted, it does not count.

Being one of the ruling class at work... I am happy if I get 4 pomodoros somedays.

This week I dropped quite a bit from 77 to 55, but I attribute that to doing so many random things for planning workflows that there was a ton of reduction in straight pomodoros, so I'm at 55 for the last week. I plan on hitting at least 70 this coming up week.

@emp I think he does...

Still wow

My goal is 8/8 8 for my "real" job (9-5) and 8+ for my hustle.

That'd make 80 on a 5 day week...

UPDATE: Goals For November

#1 - By the end of this month be fluent in HTML5/CSS3

Right on track! I split their 6 sections of "HTML&CSS" over 6 days. That way within a week I will have it done and move onto deeper CSS styling tutorials. Also makes it easy to track daily.

#2 - Physical/Mental/Spiritual Health
Doing much better since falling off the bandwagon. This week has been 100% healthy eating. Worked out yesterday. Going for every other day at the gym. Makes me mentally more on track which makes me more efficient when studying.

#3 - Get development on my video plugin back and going.
Got back with my head developer. Things getting back on track. BONUS! Going to be using what I learn in goal #1 to design and code the admin panel myself. Still quite aways off from being ready for beta testers though. ugh.

#4 - Write something engaging for BuSo
Really excited about this. Talked with @MetaData and got some good input. Already about 800 words in. Going to be sweet!

#5 - New Goal: Expand our companies business into tablet and cell phone repair
Really exciting. We purchased a large yard banner advertising "cell phone repair". Purchased the majority of the tools we're going to need. My Note II screen has been cracked for a while. Was able to successfully disassemble it and replace the glass. Took me about 2 and a half hours with interruptions. Not bad for my first time. Got to be more efficient though.

Goals for November Cont'd

1) Write at least 10 new pieces of content for my site by [November 16th]- I actually only wrote 8 pieces so far. I'm now modifying the goal to 5 new pieces of content by the 21st.

2) Resume writing content for some side income- Haven't started yet, but I'm still seriously considering this, I did a rough draft for a BST and worked out a pricing table. Not sure which BST's to put my offer yet. Having qualms because writing content, while it may provide a nice chunk of change, will severely detract from the time I dedicate to building.

3) Achieve at least 1 hour of focused study per day.- I did this up until my exam last week, I then stopped. I need to resme this if I want to have any hope of acing my exams. Finals begin on the 26th.

4) Stop skipping lectures. - Most lectures are finished now, so it's just study, study, study from here on out.

5) Resume practicing coding at least 1 hour per day.- I did start coding again, but I can do way better. Wondering if I should drop this until I go off for Christmas break. Just because I don't really NEED to code and its sucking away time from other things. Still need to evaluate how much coding really means to me, on a personal level.

6) Continue early morning jogging routine. - Didn't jog a couple of days due to rainy weather. It was way to easy to stay in bed lol. I think next time, I'm going to pop in one of those Shaun T DVD's.

Progress Report

My pomodoro stats:

Screen_Shot_2014_11_16_at_11_44_15_PM.png

Got in 108 pomodoros, went extra harder then I've ever gone. I doubt I'll ever be able to hit those numbers again within my life time. It's past the half way mark of November so it's time to figure out where I'm at

Goals for November

Goal #1 - Pipeline Project - Got it somewhat back online, people are ready to rock and roll.

Goal #2 - New Web Corp - christ man, I need to send Proposal #2, Project #1 is DOA.

Goal #3 - Corporate Blitz Project - Tons of new customers, things are going extremely well, looking to start offline marketing initiatives.

Goal #4 - Personal Well Being - Been slipping a bit more, but really I just have to get back in the gym.

Goal #5 - Brand Project - The blitz has started!

Sales Goals - We've been fortunate enough to have already hit our revenue goal for 2014. Looking to exceed that goal by 5%-10% by the end of the year.

Health - My health has deteriorated big time over the past quarter. Been dealing with upper respiratory infections and diverticulitis for a while now. Also been in and out of the hospital with my mother who is dealing with cancer. As soon as I'm back to full strength, I plan on getting back to the gym and visiting a nutritionist to help correct my diet. Might even see a hypnotist to help eliminate any limiting beliefs.

Business Management -
I need to start making moves within my business that will help me scale over the next 5 years. I need to analyze all my processes, identify the biggest time-sucks, look into upgrading my technology, and make other similar changes.

Education -
I need to increase the amount of time I'm spending on the Front End Dev course with TeamTreehouse. Of course, content writing doesn't require too much coding knowledge... but I like to think I'm mitigating some business risk by learning new skills. I also still create SEO websites for extra revenue streams, so I'm drastically reducing my design/dev expenses by being able to do those tasks on my own.

Goal Setting -
I need to sit down and look at my numbers from 2014 and set goals for 2015. I generally set a 20% increase in profit as a minimum goal, and shoot for a 50%-100% increase year over year. I also set personal goals such as the amount of time I spend with my girlfriend/friends/family, new books to read, amount of exercise, amount of fun time/vacation time, time for hobbies, etc.

#1 Getting back on track
Doing this using my case study.

Not done yet.
Eeks... I planned a few posts, but can't find the time.

Done.. I think

#4 Back to the (home)gym
Not happening yet

#5 Practice more python
Doing this, it is screwing with my head.

#1. Case Study Progress
This is the beginning, I have already made 2 posts in that thread but I would like to have the keyword research done by this weekend
#2. See some friends
Human interaction is always good
#3 Keep learning HTML/CSS
This will be ongoing, but I am starting to get it :smile:
#4 Gym Time
Ain't nobody got time for fat.
#5 Have fun
I tend to throw this on the back burner, but what is the point of living if you can not have fun :smile:

Goals For November 2014

#1 - [9-5] Email Automation
Understand, write content for and implement an email automation program for my 9-5 which focuses on lead generation and creating value for the customer.

#2 - [Personal] First Website Launch
Create my first project focusing on a low search/low competition keyword just to get a win under my belt and learn the ropes. By the 30th I will have a new site up, 10 pieces of content produced and all the social media profiles created.

#3 - [Health] Back To The Gym

Over the past couple of months work has got in the way of health and I'm paying for it now so November is all about getting back in the gym 3 times a week.

#4 - [9-5] Conversion Benchmarks

Following the launch of our new transactional website I'm keen to spend the month benchmarking conversion rates and sign up rates to give me something to focus on through December and into the new year.

Quick update as part of my monthly housekeeping...

#1 - Email Automation
Done! Produced a 9 part email sequence that goes to anyone who signs up for more content on the corporate blog.

#2 - First Website Launch
Done! I'm not quite sure how but launched my first website and produced just over 13,000 words spread across 16 posts. Also ridiculously stoked to have been chosen as part of the CC9.

#3 - Back To The Gym
Done! After avoiding the gym for 2 months lifted weight was way down, aches and pains returned but I'm glad to be back. I realized that I need to exercise for my sanity and that taking care of your health should be priority number 1!

#4 - Conversion Benchmarks
Done! The conversion rate is real low, the sales are just starting to trickle through but I've got a solid benchmark and something to base my annual targets on.

All in all not a bad month.

Spent a lot of time stuck in meetings but travelling with work gave me time on a night to work on my site guilt free!

Managed to get over to Amsterdam for a few days which was a nice bit of R&R!

#1 Getting back on track
Doing this using my case study.
Or am I? News at work seriously stalled every progress anywhere.

Not done yet.
Eeks... I planned a few posts, but can't find the time.

Done.. I think

#4 Back to the (home)gym
Not happening yet

#5 Practice more python
Doing this, it is screwing with my head.

All in all, meh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back