Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Goals for May 2019
~ SWOT Analysis Edition ~

7fTZucf.png

As always, we recommend you review your April 2019 Goals and make sure you stayed locked on target. If you didn't, why? Did you create bad goals or did something more important rear its ugly head? Hopefully it wasn't because you saw a shiny nickel you decided to chase after.

This month I wanted to mention a concept that most of you have probably heard of, but the younger builders may not have encountered yet. It's called a SWOT Analysis, where SWOT stands for Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats.

It can be used in many ways. The image above is using it to prompt you to take a bird's eye view of your own company or project. But it can be used for anything. You can analyze your next marketing campaign, your possibility of success in starting a diet, whether or not you should buy a house, etc.

I'm not saying you need to use this analysis and post it in the thread, though I'm sure we'd all enjoy that and helping you think through it. But it's definitely a concept that is extremely useful in business and life you should know about. The classic way of viewing it is in a grid like below:

dqoyhsA.png

This lets you have columns and rows that are self-explanatory in the image above.

Anyways! What do you have going on this month?

Main Project
I'm hoping to finish up this site redesign I'm doing this month entirely. Like hands free, no contact, done. I see no reason that shouldn't happen, and possibly before half of the month is up. Then I'm back to this main project where I have about ~40 more posts to convert to Gutenblocks and a few other "fixes" to apply before I roll this out live to Google. I'm really hoping it solves whatever issue I've been dealing with, but I'm being realistic. The goal after that will be to simply get this site on a content schedule and ignore metrics except for my month-end checks. I'll keep it alive and earning and growing without much mental or emotional energy spent on it. Eventually Google will show me something that lets me know how I should play it from there on out.

Service
I took on a client early last month and have made record time. I usually aim for 60 days for a complete web design project. I'm at around 24 days and am almost done. I think I can finish it by day 40 if the client continues his super fast communication.

New Project
Once I finish this site redesign job, I'm going to throw up a new site with a new piece of content I paid for. I'll order 4 more posts I think while I slap together a Wordpress install. I want to see how Google reacts to the site because it's being built on a domain that's aged and has links from some of the most authoritative and oldest sites on the net. If it goes well, I'll order a lot more content and I'm going to put together a custom design for it that shouldn't take long at all. The goal here is to have a small and contained site that doesn't endlessly demand new content. I'm thinking at most 25-50 posts. Beyond that I'll just grow the posts and keep them updated and always make them better. If all goes well I shouldn't have to do much link building at all, preferably zero. I'd love to start this by the end of the month.

Wow.. April was a rollercoaster.

The first of two software projects has just been officially canceled yesterday.
This has been a slog fighting an uninterested vendor and an inexperienced product owner.
(So no surprise it has been cancelled in the end.)

So now comes
MAY

Software project - Tardis
This is in the real world traffic/delivery niche. We are talking GPS tracking, etc.
At least technologically, this is very interesting.
Goals
  • Outline and tech spec done by 15th
  • Clarify MVP with developer
  • First setup

Floating elephant
Goals
Complete rework of texts done by end of month
New colors and design by end of month

Customer 1
Meet representative for intro to CMS work

New customer
Meetup

Looking at MAY, that was a complete fail

Due to private reasons, that I won't go into detail about.

Still, here is the update

MAY - FAIL

Software project - Tardis
This is in the real world traffic/delivery niche. We are talking GPS tracking, etc.
At least technologically, this is very interesting.
Goals
  • Outline and tech spec done by 15th
  • Clarify MVP with developer
  • First setup
FAIL

The spec is not donw, but the MSVP is pretty much clear and discussions are ongoing, estimation has been requested, the partners want to start.

Floating elephant
Goals
Complete rework of texts done by end of month
New colors and design by end of month

FAIL
Did not touch this at all

Customer 1
Meet representative for intro to CMS work

SUCCESS

Met up with them, and have a new task to do.

New customer
Meetup

MEH

This did not happen, but the reason for this was the client's schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back