Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Goals for March 2019

CqealRT.jpg

Review
The second month of the year has come and gone. The time contained within February 2019 passed like any other month. The only variables we can control are how we used that time. Did you stick to your goals? Did you make progress? Did you let unimportant surprises sideline you? Are you staying within your framework for 2019 as a whole?

Persistence
Something I'm struggling with is persistence. Persistence is a key to success, but it has to be aimed at the right project and right tasks. Knowing when to call a certain project quits is as important as hammering away at something doomed for failure.

I see this concern with persistence in other posters, especially newcomers. Many are afraid to start as they look up at the giant mountain they know they must climb. Some realize they'll climb it one step at a time, but aren't sure which path to take up the hill.

That's something to think about with persistence. We might choose the wrong path. We will fail. We will start over, but each time we come equipped with more knowledge and tools to aid us in the next attempt. The harder we work at the wrong thing, the sooner we learn the lessons needed. Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid to not persist in the ultimate goal, even if that means the sub-goals ended up not working out. It's all forward progress.

Goals
Our goals are the framework. Getting the work done is what counts. I've been using pomodoro's again and I'm about to start working in time boxing schedules again too. Anything that keeps me on target is a welcomed aid.

What are your goals for the month? Are they more realistic than last month? Are they S.M.A.R.T. goals? And have you developed methods to help you get the work done?

WordAgents Goals

Be consistent with planning my week each Sunday
Completely clear out backlog of "to do" items
Make two new hires to solidify our operations team to get me out of operations completely
Get flights and hotels booked for conferences
Solidify a few referral relationships
Finish up legal contracts (MSA, SOW, NDA, etc)

SEO Content Site Goals

Finish kw research, content plans, and content outlines for what we'll be publishing for the rest of the year
Set up outreach linkbuilding infrastructure (gmail, mailshake, hunter)
Start match & exceed outreach campaign

Personal Goals

Actually use my daily "exercise" hour instead of skipping it to get more work done
Get @GarrettGraff to refer to me as his son

March 2019

I have quite a laundry list of personal sh.. stuff going on, mostly related to health.

Anyway, here are the goals:

"Cheese" and "Cow"
tenor.gif

They want to push for card payments for a service they provide. I researched the different services and integrations and will present them a plan on how to move forward

Goal
600$ from these for various small changes, Payment processor decided and signoff on way forward.​

"Butterfly"
hqdefault.jpg

I outlined this before the client is flakey and does not really know what she wants (and I am too expensive for her tastes)

Goal
Goals and tasks agreed or client fired.​

"Floating elephant"
Giant-Rubber-Blue-Elephant-Summer-Swimming-Pool-Floating-Inflatable-Cartoon-Baby-Float-Floating-Row-Rainbow-Horse.jpg_640x640.jpg

This site needs a major overhaul and has been sidelined (for various reasons) faaaaar too long.
Necessary steps:
  • Complete text overhaul
  • structure overhaul
  • design changes
Goal
Texts and Structure reworked and published!​
Personal
  • Lose more weight (1-2kg)
  • Start exercise

Main Project
Kind of on hold waiting on some tech to be released. Then it's game on for a couple weeks straight, maybe a tad longer. I've done everything I can up to this point and have documented all that is to come. I'm just waiting.

Service
I need to get back to chugging along with this and getting my skeletal framework done. Everything else is finished and in a MVP-ish state to launch. It's technically well past that but I may tack on some extra stuff later. I'm going to try to get most of this done by this Friday evening (March 8th) but I won't be able to finish it all. If the tech mentioned above isn't released then, then I'll likely have another week where I can bang it out to completion.

That's it. Nice and vague, but at least there's a timeline involved.

• Start promotion of site #2. There is enough content already. SEO traffic will take some time, do traffic leaks to measure quality.
  • Content & organisation for smaller sites.
  • Breakeven campaign on PPC

Month-End Review

Main Project

Kind of on hold waiting on some tech to be released.

This happened and I got to work. I got an incredible amount of work done but ended up out of state for a solid 6 days. It was a great trip and I'm glad it happened.​
Service
I need to get back to chugging along with this and getting my skeletal framework done.

This wasn't completed due to the focus above, but it's not hugely necessary. I actually got a new client related to this service project so the official launch is delayed again.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back