Not open for further replies.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
EduGsfM.png

~~~ Thread Theme ~~~

The days are going by, and they go by once in a lifetime. Are you happy to let it be the same as it ever was, letting the water hold you down? Are you willing to swim into the blue again, after the money's gone?

Or are you doing what it takes to not only stay afloat, but to build a raft, upgrade the raft into an ocean liner, and weather every storm and wave while hosting parties, living shielded from the nonsense of the masses? They didn't channel their energy and efforts where it mattered, and now they're doggy paddling, hoping someone tosses them a life preserver.

My Challenge to You
Challenge yourself this month to get serious about your goals if you've never joined one of these threads. If that's you, take the time to analyze what you need to do, list them in as much detail as needed to be specific, put them in order of importance, and most importantly, attach a due date to them.

If you're a goals veteran, then I'd say to choose one of two options:
  1. Find an item that you repeat in your goals month after month, preferably one of the lower value ones that eat up a lot of your time, and find a way to outsource it or automate it. You might have to get crafty, but it can be done.
  2. Review your past goals and try to notice what's missing. Are you putting off marketing? Are you ignoring SEO because you don't know how? Is your design horrid? Are you lacking in quality content? Find the missing puzzle piece and make it happen, and measure the results at the end of the month.
I'm guilty of listing off what I need and want done and only getting to a portion of it or letting some other opportunity knock me off course. I also don't attach time frames to my goals. We need to fix this for ourselves. Every month, some of my goals don't happen and there's no repercussions, so I don't fix the problem.

This changes in July.

As always, make sure you revisit and review your June 2018 Goals and your 2018 Annual Goals, so you know if you're on track or need to pivot.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Website Design Project:
I took on a big project last month, got about halfway through phase 1, which is the design and some custom features. Phase 2 is speed optimization and phase 3 is security. My goal this month is to get through phase 2 if at all possible. I'd typically see it go faster but I'm waiting on some very fundamental elements and there will be some back and forth between me and the owner that might slow things down. But regardless, this is going great and I'm eager to keep pushing forward.

Main Project:
I realize I haven't published an update on my case study in a while, which I'll have to do eventually. I have a lot of exciting things to mention there. Last month I dripped 2, maybe 3 articles, as I took on a new project. There'd be more to drip but I was still plowing through the 25 review posts I'm trying to hammer out together. This "conveyer belt" system for doing a ton of similar articles at once sounded like a good idea, but 25 is too high of a count, it just takes too long. 5 at a time would have been a smarter idea, in 5 batches. Anyways, this month I'll drip out more content to keep things fresh as I keep plowing through the website design project. I intend this to be at least 4 pieces, one per week. No less than that.

Cash Builder

BuSo Pro
Degree
  • Create SOPs for the tasks that take up the most time, ready for outsourcing
  • Find 50+ article topics and have outlines to send to writers
  • Secure 10 live guest posts/link placements
  • Post 10,000 words of content
  • 10% earnings increase over May
  • 10% traffic increase over May
Time to take this to the next level.

darkzerothree

DunkelNullDrei
Degree
Project RED CHICKEN
(client sites)
European union stuff - SOLD
Small changes - SOLD
WANT to finalize this by mid month.

Project CLOUD CITY
Did the preliminary redesign, need to find
- designer to put finishing touches on it
- coder to do the HTML/WP template

DD1

Degree
  • Post 20 videos on my YouTube channel
  • Create a featured image template that works both for my blog images and Pinterest promotion.
  • Update 100 posts with their new featured images.
  • Publish 5 new posts on my site.

Boy

@jdcharnell
BuSo Pro
Degree
"Finish" the ecommerce portion of my main website. Finish in quotes because it's going to be a constant WIP. More like MVP and go from there. Outreach throughout the month to brands to start populating it and working on the various pages.

Unchartered territory I'm going through. It's simultaneously frustrating and exciting.

seoauthority

BuSo Pro
Degree
Another month dedicated to social media, send more newsletters, acquire more sites to offer customers, blog regularly and start shooting/uploading video

Cash Builder

BuSo Pro
Degree
  • Create SOPs for the tasks that take up the most time, ready for outsourcing - Not Done
  • Find 50+ article topics and have outlines to send to writers - Done
  • Secure 10 live guest posts/link placements - Done
  • Post 10,000 words of content - Done
  • 10% earnings increase over June - Done (19%)
  • 10% traffic increase over June - Not Done (6.5%)

DD1

Degree
  • Post 20 videos on my YouTube channel - only 4 videos published (20% done)
  • Create a featured image template that works both for my blog images and Pinterest promotion - done
  • Update 100 posts with their new featured images - only 26 images made (26% done)
  • Publish 5 new posts on my site - done (8 posts published)

Status
Not open for further replies.