Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
kjBJGGT.gif

As we march forward through the space-time of our virtual internet world, it may seem like we're always looking at an ever-receding horizon. Success is over the hill. How quickly you reach it depends on if you're working smart and working hard.

- JULY 2016 -

What are you goals for this month, officially marking our entry into the 2nd half of the year? (Don't forget to revisit the June thread and see if you kept up with your expectations)

I'm going to try to be a bit more focused cause we are at the half way mark, so it's definitely the endgame now.

1. SAAS #1 - Port SERP Sightings and Global Stats Over.

2. SAAS #1 - Get at least 1 new video online for July.

3. SAAS #1 - Get 1 new blog post complete regarding ORM.

4. SAAS #2 - Get Members area theme online.

5. Side-Project #1 - Complete 100%.

6. Side-Project #2 - Order new content and bring it all online.​

I'm at the stage of my main project where it's becoming a question of "What's going to move me forward the fastest at this moment in time." And I think the answer there is...

Main Project - Publish 4 more of the main buying-intent articles along with as many other types as possible. I also want to nail in two solid leaks as well.
My secondary project is entirely in the link-building phase. I'm going to...

Side Project - Tier some juice through another set of Tier 1 I bought and also send some direct links to the inner pages to sculpt the anchor text profile a bit more. If this shakes out fast enough I'll start gearing up another Tier 1.
If I can get this side project to drive even one or two conversions a month, that would help me out tremendously.

Keeping it simple this month.

Adding a couple items today on the 6th:

Site Design - Snagged a gig thanks to a referral from @stackcash to build a site for a growing company's second location. It'll get in the way of normal progress but it itself is good progress. A nice paycheck. I should have my parts completely done within 2 weeks while still working on other items.
And...

Site Resurrection - Taking on a JV with a long-time friend's old site. He built a monster but something is up. It simply won't rank well despite the nice links and 300+ pages of content. I'm going to investigate, make changes, and make it pop. Then we'll move forward and make fat cash and possibly flip.
Interesting month already!

This month I gotta focus on supplementing my client work, as well as push to get a couple decent sales letters / autoresponder gigs.

The main goals for July are:
  • Get my product finalized.
  • Site built with 20 posts.
  • Autoresponder built.
  • Sales funnel finished.
  • Buy button live on the interwebs.
Then I am going to run a "No Risk All Reward" challenge in a couple FB groups to bring on new copy clients. I'm essentially taking all the risk, and if my copy won't beat their control, they don't pay. If it does, they'll pay big. In theory, at least. At this point,

I'm doing whatever I can to get my name out there as a copywriter, so I figure it can't hurt to get in front of a couple marketers with decent advertising budgets. I'll at least figure out where my skills are at, and what I need to focus on improving.

Fitting that it's July 4th, and I'm declaring my financial independence. I am setting a goal to make $10,000 per month by December 31st, 2016. Come hell, or high water, I have to hit that goal.

Whether I am actively working to make that money, or I have funnels and "passive" income streams in place, it has to happen. I'm sick of the status quo.

Last edited:
Firstly, I'm going to look back at how I did for last month, in bold.
SAAS Startup -
1. Work on getting a legit PR Freelancer to get some news on tech sites (Done in a different sort of way, ended up getting some contacts on my own)
2. Finish brand refresh (Ended up moving this back, pending meeting with Advisor)
3. Get new hire trained (Done and done!)

Side Consulting -
Get site frame finished and copy finished. I'm pretty behind and I've been sitting on my hands for this one.
(We ended up hitting off a good amount of sales on some 3rd party sites, so we're focusing on that for right now)

Potential Niche Exploration -
I've played games in this niche for a while, and haven't thought of a good way to enter as it's quite saturated in terms of competition. Came across someone recently who has been fairly popular but is "indie" - there's definitely some affiliate and marketing potential here. Going to put together a marketing plan and contact and see how it goes! (This one I sadly didn't do. No excuses)

It's funny how even basic plans for a month can end up resulting in something totally different. I set out with a few specific tasks at hand, and many of them were solved in ways that I couldn't or didn't really anticipate. I've been using a 3rd party PR service and I ended up getting picked up by some cool news sites in our SAAS niche, so the need for a PR freelancer decreased.

With that being said, I feel emboldened even though I didn't accomplish everything I would've liked to get done. All this in mind, here are my goals for July:

Main Project - SAAS Startup
1. Interview clients for new Press Release, reach out to newly gained contacts.
2. Get article draft finished for guest post for big site in niche finished
3. Get new calculations for LTV done
4. Work on creating new buffer sites

Side Project - Consulting/Copywriting
1. Start developing Google Adwords and Retargeting Campaigns
2. Finish writing copy for products that will go on main site

Going to be a lot of writing this month, but I'm excited to do so. I've done a bit of policy debate so writing for me is something that goes by pretty quickly and it's fun to elaborate. Very excited to see what July brings for me, but these are my main objectives. If I still have time, I'll pursue the side-side project.

- Finish researching the first articles I want to create for my website project and create those articles
- Get them online

That's it. I am keeping it simple. This is the one thing I can do now that will make everything else easier for me.

Main Project - Publish 4 more of the main buying-intent articles along with as many other types as possible. I also want to nail in two solid leaks as well.

Got 3.5 done. No leaks though. It's okay because...

Side Project - Tier some juice through another set of Tier 1 I bought and also send some direct links to the inner pages to sculpt the anchor text profile a bit more.

Done. Success.

Site Design - Snagged a gig. I should have my parts completely done within 2 weeks while still working on other items.

95% done and out of my hands for now. Success.

Site Resurrection - Taking on a JV with a long-time friend's old site. He built a monster but something is up.

Managed to fix about 2/5ths of the on-page issues so far and 100% of the off-page, although we'll be waiting on a Penguin refresh, which is fine as it takes the heat off of trudging through the on-page stuff real fast.

1. SAAS #1 - Port SERP Sightings and Global Stats Over. (NOT COMPLETE)

2. SAAS #1 - Get at least 1 new video online for July. (NOT COMPLETE)

3. SAAS #1 - Get 1 new blog post complete regarding ORM. (NOT COMPLETE)

4. SAAS #2 - Get Members area theme online. (NOT COMPLETE)

5. Side-Project #1 - Complete 100%. (NOT COMPLETE)

6. Side-Project #2 - Order new content and bring it all online. (NOT COMPLETE)

Wow, these were very specific and none of them got done. I spent 99% of my time coding and doing SAAS #1's most requested new features. When I concentrate on a single project I really do that. I have to sit down and expend a little bit of energy towards these side-projects so I can at least get them out of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back