Not open for further replies.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
DOy0OFp.jpg

Thread Theme:

It's January the 1st in a matter of hours. The New Year's ball is going to drop. Everyone's out celebrating, but what are they celebrating? Do they know? Are they planning their new year's resolutions? Will they stick with them?

I got all of my socializing out of the way earlier today, and now I'm sitting here reminiscing and thinking... It's actually about to be 2018 already. Where did the time go?

I don't know about you guys and gals but I come out of my corner on January 1st swinging for a knock out. I'm excited and ready. But I need to know what I'm swinging at and what I'm fighting for.

I can't be one of these people out cheering about the year ticking over and getting plastered only to drag ass right back into a day job that I hate. I have to be enacting real change, and not some resolution that won't occur.

I know you are all just like me, or you wouldn't be here reading this. How will you enact your real change this month? Because, after all, it's the perfect time to get a fresh look at your operation and get a fresh start on your new plan of attack.

January 2018 Goals:
- Start my main project - mostly finish the 30 day challenge from the forum.
- add 6 pieces of content to my site
- research ideas for my side project

For January...

1.) Add 60 posts to farm site.
2.) Add 4 posts to factory site.
3.) Add 3 posts to fishing site.

So I pretty much met my goals for December but I was hit by the rollout on the 12th literally a day or so after paying for a bunch of content to start scalling into that method. I have all the keyword packs for future sites that I had planned for my old method still but I have tweaked a few things about how I will set the sites up and their offpage.

Goals for January are to start my YouTube channel and focus most of my efforts on a single money page on my newest site to see how it reacts to my efforts in a post 12th December rollout world.

I've decided to take a different approach this month and not list specific goals such as 'post xxx amount of posts'. Instead, everything I work on will be aimed at achieving one of these three goals -
  • Get traffic from Google under 85% of total traffic (89% in December)
  • Increase affiliate commissions by 10%
  • Increase total traffic by 10% over December

I'm going 180 of @Cash Builder and getting detailed.

My goals are this for 2018 ( https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/goals-for-2018.3526/#post-36010 ) so for this month, I break it down as a 30 day sample:
  • 30k words written for business
    • Can be blog posts, onboarding, guides, tuts, ebook/lead magnet, etc

• 30 hours coding on new feature for SERPWoo or SaaS #2

• 15 hours stretching this month ( body )

• 30 delegated tasks this month
    • More than likely will be a outsourced person from UpWork

• Make sure tasks related to values, mission statement, priorities are done first in the day
    • Done before anything else that day

Hmmm, this is my first day back in the saddle. I had a friend tell me she always takes the week off after Christmas to New Years. I gave it a whirl this year and like it. But it also puts you in a weird spot on the 1st.

Here's what I need to do this month:
  • Do my typical "Month-End" routine of number crunching, disavow, broken link crawling, money shuffling, etc, for all my projects and life.
  • Do my "Year-End" routine. Same stuff on a bigger picture basis. This also includes updating my case study with a big round-up and getting all my tax stuff together.
  • Finish doing the big 301 project I started on my main site. This includes a bit more testing then finally going all the way once I'm assured it's fine. This brings the site to it's final form for the start of the 4th year of operation.
  • Do some investigation for a new small JV project with @stackcash. He found the niche already and we scored a domain for safety, but I'm going to try to find an aged and linked one too.
  • Some as above but for myself as a solo project to flip hopefully by end of year if not next year. I want to get this proven so I can start scaling it out with 2 and 3 at a time. I'm at ground zero with no niche. I want to find the niche at least and try to acquire a decent domain this month.
  • I want to continue closing the content gap between myself and a specific competitor, while attempting to finish hitting certain content milestones for every category. This won't be completed this month but it's how I'll handle content for now.
  • I want to back engineer a ton of sites I know are getting guests posts in my vertical and find all the ones accepting them. I may not start the campaign itself, but I'll get the data together for it.
  • Revisit the oldest blog posts on my main site and lengthen them to some new minimum I'll never dip below again. Probably 500 words. I regret ever doing some 300 word posts early on. Only one way to fix it.
  • Chip away at my game a little bit each evening and get to the next sub-version, which means completing a certain feature.
Note for next month: I want to get back on closing the link gap between myself and that competitor too. This will take forever but I need to keep chipping away at it.
That's it. It's not too-lofty as long as I manage my time correctly.

That's pretty much it. I should be able to get it done.

I have ambitious goals for January. But they are simple.

• Write 1k words daily (on average)
    • Tutorials
    • Informational Posts
    • Non-specific/non-keyword blog posts
  • Get affiliate monetization in place (this will happen towards the end of the month)
    • Amazon
  • Increase traffic by 100% this month
    • To hit my year end goal I really need to increase traffic by 100% each month. (on average)
    • I'm only doing about 10 visitors per day now - so get to 20 per day

Goal #1 is to rehab my health to a level where I can sustain the work regimen neccessary to successfully finish building and then market my current and only project. I pushed too hard this past month and paid the price in health more severely than I anticipated (I was gunning for a pre-Christmas launch). Frustration doesn't begin to say it, given that "pushing it" is working a mere 8 hour day. It's a bitch to get up from my workstation and have an unsteady gait because I realize my brain sapped all my reserve strength in the last work session. None the less, I fully intend on playing this hand I've been dealt all the way through. When you're the small stack and you don't hit your flop you may as well get yourself all-in.

I'll do a 3 to 21 day water fast depending on how my body copes.

The prime mandate for the remaning days will be securing the highest quality nutrition, exercise/movement, sunshine exposure, and other healthful practices I know I should be doing. Work on my project will the reward for those efforts, slotted in to what time remains.

Remember gents, the fruit of your victories cannot be tasted while too feeble to eat. Take care of your body. I thought I would worry about that stuff when I was old, when at 27 I found my body mysteriously descending into an as-yet undiagnosed chronic illness. Six years later I'm still trying to get a handle on it. That extra couple hours of work at the cost of sleep is a piss in the wind compared to the time and opportunity you forfeit with a catastrophic collapse or injury of your health.

I've decided to take a different approach this month and not list specific goals such as 'post xxx amount of posts'. Instead, everything I work on will be aimed at achieving one of these three goals -
  • Get traffic from Google under 85% of total traffic (89% in December) - 84.92%, I'll take that as a win!
  • Increase affiliate commissions by 10% - Fail (reasons listed in journal)
  • Increase total traffic by 10% over December - Fail (reasons listed in journal)

Recap:
  • Do my typical "Month-End" routine of number crunching, disavow, broken link crawling, money shuffling, etc, for all my projects and life. ✔ - Done, gotta do it again today and tomorrow!
  • Do my "Year-End" routine. Same stuff on a bigger picture basis. This also includes updating my case study with a big round-up and getting all my tax stuff together. ✔ - Done, ready to file taxes, waiting on forms in the mail.
  • Finish doing the big 301 project I started on my main site. This includes a bit more testing then finally going all the way once I'm assured it's fine. This brings the site to it's final form for the start of the 4th year of operation. ✔ - Done, went well, zero issues. Can see results here.
  • Do some investigation for a new small JV project with @stackcash. He found the niche already and we scored a domain for safety, but I'm going to try to find an aged and linked one too. ✔ - I put together some content topics, we bogged down otherwise.
  • Some as above but for myself as a solo project to flip hopefully by end of year if not next year. I want to get this proven so I can start scaling it out with 2 and 3 at a time. I'm at ground zero with no niche. I want to find the niche at least and try to acquire a decent domain this month. X - Didn't have time to deal with it.
  • I want to continue closing the content gap between myself and a specific competitor, while attempting to finish hitting certain content milestones for every category. This won't be completed this month but it's how I'll handle content for now. X - Made a little progress but not as much as I'd have wanted.
  • I want to back engineer a ton of sites I know are getting guests posts in my vertical and find all the ones accepting them. I may not start the campaign itself, but I'll get the data together for it. X - Got the domains together to reverse engineer but didn't do it yet.
  • Revisit the oldest blog posts on my main site and lengthen them to some new minimum I'll never dip below again. Probably 500 words. I regret ever doing some 300 word posts early on. Only one way to fix it. X - Spent a ton of time here, made huge progress. Slowed down to doing # per day until it's done and then stopped doing that. I'll finish though, it's close.
  • Chip away at my game a little bit each evening and get to the next sub-version, which means completing a certain feature. X - I didn't have time and this will always be back-burnered if I'm busy.
Part of the reason the list turned red was because I took on a Speed Optimization client (I'll do a write up about the work when it's done) as well as another project I can't mention. This coming month will be far more focused on the listed goals and nothing else (let's hope).

For January...

1.) Add 60 posts to farm site.
2.) Add 4 posts to factory site.
3.) Add 3 posts to fishing site.

1 - 97% achieved; added 58!
2. 100%!
3. 100%!

That took a heck of a lot out of me, though, especially with work and family commitments. I'll tweak overall goals significantly for Feb.

Write 1k words daily (on average)
No. I wrote 20k words for the month. Halfway through January I decided to adjust my course and do some easy link building and promoting. I don't regret this decision.

Get affiliate monetization in place (this will happen towards the end of the month)
Yes. My complete linking structure towards money pages is not complete, but certain pages are monetized. I need more traffic now.

Increase traffic by 100% this month
Yes. The average over January was 22 visitors per day.

I am pleased with January, but I want things to start compounding. I like the results oriented goals the best, so for my February goals I will need to keep things realistic but worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back