Goals for February 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
The first month of the year has come and gone. I hope your January 2018 was great and that you stayed on target and achieved your goals.

Regardless, it is now February.

tSvpoQa.png

Thread Theme:
"Go N Get It"

Revisit January and get your head right. Look at what went right and wrong, where you should pivot, and what activities are going to move the needle the most. Everything else you need to either offload to a freelancer, a computer, or ignore it. Our entire goal here is to inflate our bank accounts by helping people connect with the things and ideas they need and desire. You can't do that by bogging down in the minutia.

So what's it going to be? We've been doing this for years upon years now at BuSo. It's time for all of us who partake in these goal threads to make massive strides towards the life we're shaping for ourselves.

"Momma need a house. Baby need some shoes.
Times are getting hard. Guess what I'm gone do?"

~ Hustle Hard ~

January went well; I more or less met all three goals I set. However, it took a lot out of me, and I have more work obligations competing for my limited free time, so I'm scaling things back for February.

For February...

1.) Add 28 posts to farm site.
2.) Add 4 posts to factory site.
3.) Add 3 posts to fishing site.

I managed to meet my January goals, I got my YouTube channel online and did a bunch of testing on my sites. Unfortunately, one of my sites was slapped twice with the January rollouts, it also seems my main site was slapped towards the end of January.

My main focus has shifted to a new zero backlinking site. I am sick of getting slapped over and over again by Google so I want to put a bunch of effort into this. I have basically dropped everything I have learned about off page SEO and keyword research over the past few years. For this new site I just write and when I feel the article is done I publish it.

Crypto wise I dropped bitcoin and a bunch of Ethereum in favour of OmiseGo.

@shaunm, I'm glad to see you finally ditch the spam. You deserve a nice long-living asset for as hard as you work. But I have to say...
I have basically dropped everything I have learned about off page SEO and keyword research over the past few years.
Forget about off-page all day if you want and attract natural links, but not doing keyword research... that's not going to end well for you.

I hope you'll reconsider and at least optimize around low competition long-tails. Don't wait for magic to happen because it won't. There's too many SEO's out there doing an average job of on-page optimization. If you do zero, you'll never beat even the guys who are doing it and suck at it.

My point is that if you aren't doing keyword research then you aren't doing on-page optimization either. And even if you just pluck a term out of your head to optimize around, you have no clue if it even has any volume or maybe it does but it's far too competitive. You'll waste nearly every opportunity surrounding the act of pressing publish if you do this.

I hope you'll reconsider and at least optimize around low competition long-tails. Don't wait for magic to happen because it won't. There's too many SEO's out there doing an average job of on-page optimization. If you do zero, you'll never beat even the guys who are doing it and suck at it.

When I get to the end of this batch of content ideas I might start writing for some long tails and such. So far its getting low traffic though and its only around a month old. Curious as to how it will act after the 6 month part.

January went well; I more or less met all three goals I set. However, it took a lot out of me, and I have more work obligations competing for my limited free time, so I'm scaling things back for February.

For February...

1.) Add 28 posts to farm site.
2.) Add 4 posts to factory site.
3.) Add 3 posts to fishing site.

Pivot time. Downscaling again to a goal of 10 posts for the month spread across all three sites, and I think this is where I'm going to have to stay for a while (if I can even hold it). Got too much at the day job and with the family to do 35, much less 60-something like last month. Slow and steady...

Every time I start one of these threads I forget to come back and list my goals.

I would have typed something about finishing extending some posts to a minimal length and trying to add as much new content as possible by closing a content gap between my site and another competitor. Instead...

I ended up taking a speed optimization job, building and implementing a new comparison table for my main site, and posting some lingering content that was sitting in the drafts. These things were good, I'm glad they occurred. Especially the speed optimization job because I'm going to use it to hire out some content, and the comparison table has increased my affiliate clicks by over 50%.

It's been a good month! It's not over but all I'll be doing is dealing with content, so I'm closing her out.

Pivot time. Downscaling again to a goal of 10 posts for the month spread across all three sites, and I think this is where I'm going to have to stay for a while (if I can even hold it). Got too much at the day job and with the family to do 35, much less 60-something like last month. Slow and steady...

Met my goal! Now debating over whether to hold it or increase it for next month...we'll see.

Came here to update and realized I didn't post anything for February. It's been a busy few months, time to get back on top of things for March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back