Goals for December 2018

CCarter

If they cease to believe in u, do u even exist?
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree

This is it folks - the final month. Everything we've reached for, accomplished, still are failing at, and still desire while striving for - this is the final month of 2018 and we're in the home stretch.

I know personally there are a ton of things I owe people or are outstanding, I gotta let go of what's not important to my personal goals. I also have to let go of baggage I've been carrying around over the weeks, months, and years - it accumulates quickly if you don't stop it in it's tracks.

There are also projects which people here can related to, that I don't know if they are just right, maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't - you know what, Just Do It! If it's important - do it! If it's not, drop it and move on.

For me, I got rid of a ton of random bills for stuff I didn't need, outstanding obligations/nonsense that cluttered my head, deleted tons of domains - if the project was decent I would have started it, and trimmed down what I need to focus on a lot - but there is still a ways to go. I can say that I'm in a better place mentally and physically that I was a year ago. And next December I plan on being in an even better place - but that means I have to finish off this December stronger than ever, and then go into 2019 with a winning mentality.

For me to progress forward I must sacrifice.

"He who would accomplish little need sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much. He who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly." - James Allen, As a Man Thinketh

I know I've sacrificed a lot - and at times I hated myself for it, but without those sacrifices I wouldn't be where I am today. And in order to obtain a even higher level - more must be done.

My more begins in December.

--
Don't forget to hit the trifecta:

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Dec 1st
I took an easy day to recharge while trying to knock out chores and do all of my Christmas shopping. I got half of the gifts bought, but I was fighting the same struggle we all do, which is to come up with ideas of what to get people with no special interests who are adults and already bought everything they wanted for themselves.

Dec 2nd
I hope to finish up the Christmas shopping tonight, even if I have to get a bit more generic gifts. It's better off done. I've done some more chores and now I'm at the computer to do my "End of the Month" number crunching and maintenance like disavow and making sure my domains aren't expiring on me, etc. I also figured out how to approach a problem on my site that needs solved (navigation related), so this week should be straight productivity. Everything is mapped out, it's just a matter of doing it.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Dec 3rd
Spent all day getting lazy loading going on a project now that Google is giving the go-ahead. It's in place on probably 85% of the site now. It's easy to apply in bulk across a lot of places thanks to how the PHP runs through filters to compile the pages. But I'm slapping it on everything, which meant a lot of manual work through templates as well. I'll wrap it up in the first half of tomorrow and never have to look back. Should make a big usability boost and hopefully a faster meaningful first paint.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Dec 4th
Lazy loading complete. I started adding some more speed optimizations, doing everything I can to cut down on the time to the first meaningful paint. I started with some preconnect / dns-prefetch for some 3rd party files and am going to round it off tomorrow with some HTTP/2 Server Push to get some render blocking files loaded earlier. There's simply some you can't defer or async. After that I think I'll revert my 3rd party font back to async and see if that gets me there faster, depending on the final results.