The Engineer

Aegis Jaeger
Administrator
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Goals for April 2019

I7bHBuS.jpg

As they do, the month of March 2019 has come and gone. The opening post talked about persistence, which is undoubtedly one of the most important qualities of winners in business.

But persistence means nothing if you're driving at the wrong things. You can do the wrong thing perfectly for years on end and get nowhere. The most important part is to make sure you're informing yourself with your data and logic and spending your efforts on the right things.

We've all heard it a ton of times... 20% of your efforts create 80% of your earnings. So what happens when you start focusing on that 20% with 100% of your time? You find the hidden 20% of the 20% that is even more potent. This is similar to what @NickEubanks calls "Pumpkin Hacking," referring to how farmers compete in contests to grow giant 300 pound pumpkins. There are very specific things that explode their growth.

I watched a friend, a couple of years ago, dig into his data and realize that Google preferred his site for a certain sub-niche. He went absolutely HAM on the topic and pumped out around 500 posts for every single possible keyword he could find. You know what he's doing now? Deforesting his new zillions of acres to clear a plot to build his new house, with not a care in the world.

ARE YOU DOING THE RIGHT THINGS?

Sometimes it's that simple.

Main Project
I have one more category to convert to Gutenberg, which will need 3 more custom blocks to be built, then I'll just grind them out and get it done. It's about 50 more posts that need the conversion. Along the way I'm cleaning up some technical stuff in each post too. I can't wait to get this rolled out live and let Google eat it up. Everything is getting a freshness bump and my crawl budget is going to under far better control. But it won't get done this month completely due to the situation below. I'm hoping to pick at it along the way though.

Service
I'm not launching this month or next month because I keep getting more clients from word of mouth. The entire point of the service is to attract clients. I can't get an overload of offers as a solo developer, so I'm going to take care of this one first, a nice redesign of a successful site. It'll be fun. Has a 60 day deadline so it'll be crunch time for sure.

Case Study Project
I did some action faking in the past, this time I plan on finishing what I start. Mid-April I will start posting this follow-along case study, bring it from 0 to 3k a month and then flipping the site. Needed some time to see what I really want out of all of this, and now I am ready for a new start.

Fitness
Last couple of months started to lose some weight (cca. 15lbs) and now it is time to start working out to get a bit stronger and looking more fit.

University

My goal is to get A's for all assignments and tests I have due this month.

My new website

Lost a bit of confidence in myself and my abilities, but lately I've started a new project that I am going to focus on. The niche hits close to home, but it's something I've never done before so it will be interesting. Hoping to make some infographics again and start traffic leaking. But before I do that I need to plan out the structure of the site, will complete that today.

Misc

Contribute more to the forum. I feel guilty for disappearing for a while, this forum has given me so much but I've been selfish with my time.

Crush Pinterest.
  • Get an optimised image sorted for every post
  • Get everything schedules into tailwind.
  • Join tribes and share on a 5:1 basis of 5 posts of of others content for every 1 of mine.

My Goals for April 2019:
  • Finish reading Crash Course
  • Pick a vertical and niche.
  • Deploy WP website
  • Do keyword research and write 3 pieces of content, minimum 500 words each, for the picked niche.

Hello Builders. I am going deep into better niche research. In fact, I logged in today to go Re-Read those parts of the incredible Digital Crash Course. I remember them being excellent.

• Bring up my 2 new affiliate sites
  • Complete sale of my amazon fba account and business
  • Maintain momentum and revenue on a affiliate site that exploded in revenue last month and is now showing signs of teetering downward, find out what the issue is, more optimization
  • Drop bodyfat from 22% to 19%, eat more protein, stop drinking so much

Already middle of the month!

A lot of my stuff has just been turned on its head.

• Get SaaS MVP out of the door to demo (unlikely)
  • Drop some weight, start exercising more

MONTH-END REVIEW

Main Project

I made a tiny bit of progress here, though that was intentional. I'm all in on what's below.

Service
I had mentioned that I keep getting clients. After a few phone calls at the start of the month I closed a deal to redesign a fast growing website in a very humorous niche. They wanted to brand away from this niche now that they've tapped it out, or rather go much broader to encapsulate the whole vertical. It's a good move. They were using the most horrid Wordpress theme and felt it was time to put on a professional face.

I'm making record progress. I hoped to finish it in 60 days. It's been 3.5 weeks and I'm nearing the end. I imagine it'll wrap up entirely by 60 days if not closer to 45 days. Then it's right back to the main project! This was fast money I couldn't say no to, that I'll use some of the earnings to help launch a new project I'll be talking about later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back