Goals for 2020

Degree
Hi Everybody,

I have been a member for some time but I am now ready to jump into the swing of things. I had a minor health problem that sidetracked me and I was not able to give IM my all due to the side effects but I have resolved that issue so I am at 100% and ready to conquer.

Now is the time because I am in a good position. I work full time at a very small apartment complex for senior citizens so you know my days are slow and there is not much to do. This is the perfect job to launch my IM career because I can incorporate so many IM duties into my day to day workflow to the point where you can say I am basically being paid to launch my IM career. I decided to launch a website for the building as well as social media accounts (mainly Pinterest and Twitter) so web design and SEO will have to be implemented into these projects so I am getting free hands on lessons on how this all works. I have my own personal laptop at my office so I work behind a VPN and am doing my own projects and research. There is probably 1 hour of work per day and the rest is my time to do what I want. I figured that as I dip my toes into this the best niche to get into is, you guessed it, senior citizens/aging population! I have a few micro niches that look to be profitable so I will pursue those.

I am also working on my own personal pet project which is a photoblog. Not sure how to monetize it just yet as I am just doing it out of love and it won't take too much of my time and I am setting up a photo studio at my job to create this project, so I am still figuring out the money side of that.

Another thing that I have done in the last couple of months is to register some lucrative domains for popular tourist attractions in another country. This is at the bottom of my to do list as of right now because I feel that my skill level is not up to par to generate interesting content to get the most out of the potential of them so I will try this at a later date this year.

I have read the Digital Strategy Crash Course multiple times and feel that I have an idea on how to pull all these little projects together. Of course mistakes will be made but lessons will be learned from these mistakes. Reading through these forums has helped me a lot. Not sure how many people will be interested in this little ole thread, but I will update it periodically with my progress.

Peace and Thank you.

Coney

Curious - what do senior citizens spend the most money on? product/service wise from your perspective?

Curious - what do senior citizens spend the most money on? product/service wise from your perspective?

Travel.

And I'd say, by far, but this is for Northern Europe here.

Then other stuff:

Design furniture
Art
Home cooking equipment
Wine
Garden equipment

what @bernard said is accurate. those industries are what i have seen in my research. also medical supplies is big like diapers, catheters, wipes..but medicaid pays for a lot of that with low income seniors.

I don't know why I answered that, I thought it was some other thread, please delete or move.

really? i have found for american baby boomers that gardening, cooking and traveling are some of their favorite activities so you weren't that far off for your answer to be intended for another thread. i subscribe to several websites geared towards upscale seniors and i pay attention to the ads and this is what i see among other things.

I'd say travel for sure. And experiences like wine, frequent cafe visits, cigars, cigarettes, "real food" (fish store, butcher, wine store not shitty supermarkets). If they're rich: jewellery, clothes and designer furniture and art.

Also technology (if they buy a new TV they buy brands, they buy too good computers, branded washing machines etc.).

Might be different in the US. Southern Europe here.

I work around low income seniors. The ones that subsist on Social Security. Not many of them are on the internet and don't even know how to turn on a computer. They don't even know how to read or can just barely get by, so of course it makes sense to target seniors with means. This is the group that loves travel, fine wines, cruises, home improvement, etc....

The way to get to the low income seniors is through Medicaid, by setting up some type of business that bills Medicaid so that they can get their diapers, wipes, catheters, oxygen tanks and any other household item that they need to thrive.

Back