GMB Question :: Phone Number Keeps Crossing Out

Degree
Google keeps crossing out the phone number of my GMB listing with the message:
This location has updated information from Google users or other sources. Review these published updates to make sure that they're accurate. Learn more

and the only option:
Accept all for this location

Now, I don't understand why this is happening. I've tried 4 different numbers and they've all been crossed out.

Is it possible that someone used this address before and linked it with another number?
If so, is there a way around this like building citations and waiting for Google to pick up signs and finally accept my number?

I'm speaking with a Google representative and I've just submitted pictures of my business for him to manually approve of this number been he's been unresponsive for a week.

Any thoughts or solutions around this?

Google keeps crossing out the phone number of my GMB listing with the message:
This location has updated information from Google users or other sources. Review these published updates to make sure that they're accurate. Learn more

and the only option:
Accept all for this location

Now, I don't understand why this is happening. I've tried 4 different numbers and they've all been crossed out.

Is it possible that someone used this address before and linked it with another number?
If so, is there a way around this like building citations and waiting for Google to pick up signs and finally accept my number?

I'm speaking with a Google representative and I've just submitted pictures of my business for him to manually approve of this number been he's been unresponsive for a week.

Any thoughts or solutions around this?
I've had a similar issue with my primary category. No matter what I changed it to to be accurate, it kept defaulting back to what was "suggested". After a few changes, the GMB listing was suspended and I had to open a case with them basically providing the business details via a phone call. Once everything was verified the listing was back up within a day or two and the category I wanted stuck.

Its possible a maps user/local guide or competitor is suggesting the change in phone number and Google is taking that as a signal saying this isn't the real phone number.

Did your case ever get resolved?

Yeah, I told them that I had to run Google Ads on my GMB.
Mentioning this immediately solved the phone issue.

Back