Getting the right size header image for several social networks?

Degree
Hey guys.

Here are some of the recommended sizes for header/feature images according to buffer:

Facebook – 1,200 x 628
Twitter – 1,024 x 512
LinkedIn – 800 x 800
Google+ – 800 x 1,200
Pinterest – 735 x 1,102
Instagram – 1,080 x 1,080

I use Pinterest and Facebook and Instagram. IG is easy because I'm just uploading images and not posting articles. For Pinterest I try to create an image that's kind of like a book cover. It has the title and some bullet-points to get people interested and an eye catching image.

But I also have the FB-size version that I set as the "Featured Image" inside of Wordpress. This version doesn't have any text or bullet points or anything. It's a much more simple version of the image I use for Pinterest.

I have my fb-sized "Featured Image" at the top of my article and then I have the Pinterest version that's similar showing up near the start of the article too.

My theme has a setting to hide the featured image when people are reading the post but FB will still be able to pick it up. Then I can just include the Pinterest version of the featured image in my post. Is there a better way to do this?

What I need to know is how everyone handles displaying the correct featured images across a variety of different social media networks without having to have each different size/version showing up in my article.

I am hoping there is a plugin where I can just upload several versions of my featured images and it will choose the right one depending on which social network it gets posted to????

Last edited:
Back