Getting sample products from producers and webshops?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Good reviews require you to actually use the product, particularly if doing video reviews.

It is of course possible to buy all the products, but not practical or economical for most.

What are your best tips for getting free/discounted products for reviews?

Just ask, tell them you're interested in doing an in-depth review of their product, if they recognize the value they'll be happy to get you setup. If they don't see the value in that, there's not much you can do.

Companies hire people to find bloggers willing to accept their products, so you're doing their work for them, as long as you have a good platform. If your site isn't established/or looks kinda trash at first glance, it'll be a bit trickier, maybe start by doing your best to review a competing product, you can show that as an example in your outreach.

The fact that there are so many bloggers willing to feature products, just in exchange for the product itself, is some VERY under priced attention, and it's always weird to me when companies don't jump at the opportunity. None the less, be careful about coming off entitled, like you're doing them some kind of massive favor, even if you are doing them a favor.

It won't be long until they start reaching out to you with offers and you won't have to even ask them anymore.

Good point, working on creating value, visitors and to a lesser (or equal?) degree, the SEO value of a link or social media value of mentions.

I've gotten products before, but in the lower price range.

I've also considered offering (maybe subtle?) a link for the product? Might convince some more savvy webshops if you offer that as well?

Back