Getting a domain unbanned from Reddit?

Degree
So my domain got caught by reddit for upvote manipulation awhile back. It's been about a year now. Is there anything I can do to get it unbanned? Anybody have experience with this? I'll actually stop buying upvotes lol

From what I've seen there's two types of bans. Sitewide administrator bans and subreddit moderator bans. The 2nd one you might get unbanned by talking to the mods. Admin ban, you can forget about it.

One thing you might try is to register a similar domain like the .net and then 301 redirect it to the .com and try submitting that. I don't know if Reddit's system checks that or not, so you might waste 10 bucks or you might find a solution. I'd only switch from .net to .com or whatever, something people won't notice.

From what I've seen there's two types of bans. Sitewide administrator bans and subreddit moderator bans. The 2nd one you might get unbanned by talking to the mods. Admin ban, you can forget about it.

One thing you might try is to register a similar domain like the .net and then 301 redirect it to the .com and try submitting that. I don't know if Reddit's system checks that or not, so you might waste 10 bucks or you might find a solution. I'd only switch from .net to .com or whatever, something people won't notice.
sadly it is sitewide. but it's not a hard ban either. it's one of those where if you submit, it automatically marks it as possible spam. an admin can unmark it though if they choose to. it has been a year tho

i used to just use redirects. not sure if they now follow the redirect to check now though.

i used to just use redirects. not sure if they now follow the redirect to check now though.

I was thinking of doing the same for my own sites. Certain mods really hated to see me posting content from people that weren't paying them..... they really started banning everything.

I was thinking of doing the same for my own sites. Certain mods really hated to see me posting content from people that weren't paying them..... they really started banning everything.
wow that's a thing? people paying mods to post? i guess i shouldn't be surprised

wow that's a thing? people paying mods to post? i guess i shouldn't be surprised

Of course. The reach of reddit is probably bigger than any other site. So many sites get their content from what's trending on subreddits and front page. it's a huge deal

Back