General SEO & Brand Domain Discussion

Degree
Remember suite101

Suite101.com is right now on GDD auctions.
Could it even be salvaged being that it never recovered after Panda/Penguin??

DR79
60K referring domains.

Will it even be useful as a PBN?

I was just checking my godaddy auction history. I wasted a lot of money buying junk domain names that I love.
Anybody else love domain names?

Also saw me buying a bunch of EMDs that I never developed off of Secretagentdad's list from way back lol.
I had some good domain names that I paid for 3-4 years rofl.

Still have a bunch of 4-5 letter ones I am paying renewals on.
And yet, I was checking today and I saw some I love. Penalty.com is going for a little over 10 K
Volt.net solicitor.org

I am not into domaining but I somehow love good domain names. Never sold a good one though.

What is the best domain name you are hoarding, if you are?

barman of wf yesterday make a post that he snagged project.io

Only time I really value backlinks in any significant way is if they're driving real clicks or brand searches.
Links in news posts or even forum threads that rank for keywords that drive traffic over time= great.
Links in articles that rolled into the archive and will never be read again = 0 regardless of the brand.
Check to see if there is a traffic source feeding into the backlinks and look at how clickable they are in the context of the page they're on before you commit to buying.

EMDs are pretty niche and really only useful if you're looking to make dorky little low effort websites to flip.
Its surprisingly effective though. Even partial matches seem to be working pretty great these days.
They appear to give you some kinda contextual immunity to some penalties and throttling mechanisms.
If you told me I had to rank fast I'd go with a partial match with a short brandable word as the second word and the main stem keyword first. (optimizing to get your brand into auto complete for money keywords is free money right now so you have to start with the keyword even if you're brand building)

Best domain I've got is probably unit0.com really wanna build something cool on it.
I might have over paid though, got a bit to excited and paid asking price. ( 2k and some change)
Otherwise one of my 4 character ones.

If you're into domaining, NamePros is where its at. Gotten some crazy good deals and even learned a few things there over the years.

Last edited:
Express-soft.com has DR 67 and about 1000 referring domains, but there is no archive snapshot after 2016. Either it blocked archive.org bot or it was offline for 3 years

Is it still worth 2000 bucks that I am sure it is going for?

All depends what you are doing with the name and how it fits into your business.

I think domain auctions get more competitive by the day.

The barrier to entry is low and people think they are going to get a domain name and sell it for a lot more money. Both are factors in driving up the prices.

I only look for domain names in my niche that I could redirect targeted traffic to my website.

Often times I see an expired domain going for more than an actual website with the same (or stronger) metrics Flippa. People go gahgah for expired domains with their imagination and how much traffic they COULD pull in.

No
it is not even worth 1000 bucks.

Hard pass.

As someone who regularly buys expired domains, it's certainly with it provided it's not in Google's bad books. You can only find out after you build something on it and see how Google responds. So it's a gamble.

No
it is not even worth 1000 bucks.

Hard pass.
I know right, but there are tons of Bids like that.
I have a feeling this are FOMO buyers who read somewhere that Expired domains are the holy grail.

Here is another.

secu rity news d aily dot com

2750 on godaddy.

It has been 301'd to at least two different websites, even though it had awesome back links.

And tons more..

Random bloggers from the golden years of blogging, who got linked from other High authority blogs of the time, are getting snapped up for 1000s and generic review sites slapped on them.

Only time I really value backlinks in any significant way is if they're driving real clicks or brand searches.
Links in news posts or even forum threads that rank for keywords that drive traffic over time= great.
Links in articles that rolled into the archive and will never be read again = 0 regardless of the brand.
Check to see if there is a traffic source feeding into the backlinks and look at how clickable they are in the context of the page they're on before you commit to buying.

EMDs are pretty niche and really only useful if you're looking to make dorky little low effort websites to flip.
Its surprisingly effective though. Even partial matches seem to be working pretty great these days.
They appear to give you some kinda contextual immunity to some penalties and throttling mechanisms.
If you told me I had to rank fast I'd go with a partial match with a short brandable word as the second word and the main stem keyword first. (optimizing to get your brand into auto complete for money keywords is free money right now so you have to start with the keyword even if you're brand building)

Best domain I've got is probably unit0.com really wanna build something cool on it.
I might have over paid though, got a bit to excited and paid asking price. ( 2k and some change)
Otherwise one of my 4 character ones.

If you're into domaining, NamePros is where its at. Gotten some crazy good deals and even learned a few things there over the years.
Started to optimize my junk portfolio and just sold a domain at snagged for 300 back in 2012 for nearly 10K this week

I think I will be buying more :smile:

I also just bought a LLL country TLD for about 2K. Very low CPC but volume is around 2 million search
But it is exactly what you said above. An LLLBrand is dominating the serps with Auto complete.
I paid 2k, simply because of what you said stuck in my mind. "if you're looking to make dorky little low effort websites to flip."

It sold for 4 K many years back during the peak of domain parking as it had lots of type in traffic. Domain still has tons of type in (over 1K a day)

Will see, I am planning to 100% outsource and flip for a quick profit.

Back