Gathering consumer rating data through Facebook Lead Ads?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Does anyone have experience doing this?

You could run a Facebook Lead Ads campaign targeted at people who have the products you're reviewing and then ask them dynamic questions in your Facebook Lead Ads, such as:

Do you own a robot lawnmover? -> Which brand -> Are you satisfied? -> What do you like about it, write a short paragraph? -> What don't you like about it? -> Enter email for sweepstakes

The incentive would be to win something.

It seems to me this could be a semi-cheap way to get unique data to use in reviews. Get like 100 reviews and do some kind of qualitative analysis.

If your goal is customer review data on products, can't you just scrape existing Amazon / WalMart / Wayfair / other retailer customer reviews? Or are these for brand new products?

If your goal is customer review data on products, can't you just scrape existing Amazon / WalMart / Wayfair / other retailer customer reviews? Or are these for brand new products?

Well, there's a value in doing aggregation of consumer reviews, but not a lot, since people can just go to Amazon and read for themselves.

The good way to do this is to go through the best and the worst reviews and comment on them, but again, not a big value add.

The more effort and unique content the better imo.

I mean, you can also ask them more particular questions, like if from your research you know that one robot lawnmover has a tendency to break down over rocks, then you can ask 100 people about that. You're unlikely to find that info on Amazon to the same level of expertise.

We're also talking SEO here, which is why we want more unique reviews, not just snippets from Amazon.

@bernard - this is a great idea - I came across it in a recent Authority Hacker podcast as a technique to get unique statistics.

One approach mentioned in the podcast was to use Google Surveys. I don't think the respondents will be too well targeted nor will the responses be too carefully chosen, but I believe it's quite affordable.

Back