G Local Pack OR Citations With PO Box?

contract

We're all gunna mine it brah.
Degree
Anyone have any luck ranking with not a business address but PO Box for local packs or citation submission?

For the local business I'm building, a storefront doesn't make sense. Would prefer to use a PO Box? Anyone know if PO Boxes have a negative mark for local search results? I've never tested the theory..

I would think this would be one of the most simple things for Google to filter out. Their maps and map packs are for stores with a physical location that customers can visit. They don't want their maps filled up with non-stores, nor a post office with 500 businesses in one pin location, I would imagine.

In the cases I've done this type of thing, I've built citations and submitted the N.A.P. (name, address, phone number) info to everyone but Google Maps, Apple Maps, Yelp, and any other big map/review place. I want to stay OFF of the maps, basically. Which makes it pretty difficult to rank for local results these days since it's all map-based.

I'd still build the citations if I was trying to rank for local keywords regardless. I just wouldn't expect to rank in the top local cluster (map results).

Back