Frontify - make style guides

I was looking at this on Reddit. I have a weird fetish for style guides for some reason. I want to eventually build one for my current site, just for the fun of it. It'd be an easy way to get some backlinks too, on list posts for style guides.

I'd only use this one to quickly categorize and figure out what information I wanted to present, then I'd make my own version. You're going to have a million companies out there with the exact format for style guides soon. Doing your own will be a way to stand out.

Everything is becoming so cookie cutter due to great tools like this. Just another opportunity for the real deal to stand out from the noise.

I haven't heard of a style guide before. I poked around at that link but could one of you guys TLDR for me what it's actually for?

Really?

A style guide lists all the components that go into a brand design.
Starting with things the logo and it's usages over to typography (fonts), and colors.

It is one document that answers all the questions as in
"What is the colors I can use for a logo?"
"How does our print logo look?"
"What size do we use for images?"
etc
etc
etc

This is used in very big brands professionally, but for marketers and solopreneurs, it can be a very nice help in thinking about the look and feel of your site and in every day use.
::emp::

Yes really lol, I wasn't just asking for shits and giggles?! Jeez haha

Well, I hope I cleared it up.

::emp::

@emp Indeed, thanks!

This is going to be a nice touch to include the next time I sell a site.

Back