Forum Traffic Leaks - Insights

Degree
Thought I start a thread specifically talking about forum leaks discussions: examples, obstacles and insights. This can include Reddit as well (since it emulates a forum).

I'm not very well experienced with forums but I've been mingling/active in them in the past few weeks now.

I'm trying to figure out how this one dude got so many views to his thread!

I'm on this paranormal forum with around 13 k members (with around a 100 daily guests).

This is basically my practice forum so I can get better for the big fish.

This dude's profile isn't much more credible/trustworthy than mine with only 10 posts more than me. He's got 70, I got about 60 posts.

One of his threads started in july, 2019 already got 12k views started in July. His thread title was 'photos of nibiru". FYI< Basically nibiru is supposedly this hidden planet in our solar system

I'm like wtf?

I see other posts barely reaching a thousand (some do reach over a 1000).

Some of his posts didn't even pass a thousand views.

He's been a member since 2016. I been under a year.

The admin though gets A Lot/Decent views and fairly fast. The headlines were pretty decent but nothing major.

Not like they're utilizing the friend request (because I thought notifications would be received every time he posted) but he no one is on his friends list.

Anyways I'll keep at it see if I can hit a few home-runs. Got any insight, stories, experiences? Let them fly.

Last edited:
Lots of views come with lots of bumps. Does that Nibiru thread have a lot of replies in it, where regulars would check in over and over on each new reply?

Also, it could be the case that users took that thread to Twitter, Facebook, other forums, etc. The paranormal internet world is big and not real keen on SEO and all that, just passionate about information.

That leads to another thing. If you have a great leak going anywhere on a platform you don't control, there's nothing stopping you from promoting it, building links to it, sharing it everywhere. Lot's of people get a lot of affiliate sales doing this Parasite / Barnacle SEO.

When it comes to leaking, practice is fine, but there is no substitute for studying the platform and the users. Sort by views and catalogue the titles of threads (on Reddit and any forum, everything is clickbait based on the thread title). Are the most successful titles doing anything in particular? With enough of them you should see a pattern popping out.
  • What emotions do they appeal to?
  • Do they use dates or numbers?
  • Do they ask questions? How open ended?
  • Do they state facts or promise to explain or reveal something? (like Nibiru)
  • Are they appealing for help?
  • Etc...
That's for getting views and clicks into the thread. On Reddit that would get you a click to your site, and what you do on the site in combination with the connection to the title will determine if you get the upvote. For forums you'll have to also study the opening posts. You won't have any traffic stats to go by but you can guess by the conversation if people are clicking through to any site linked in the OP. Why is that happening. It changes on every platform and every user base. You can crack the code.

Got it, good info @Ryuzaki. So far, I got 3 forums (that includes one big sub reddit). Plus I'm doing some quora and some blog commenting.

The Nibiru post has only 19 replies. With more replies, I do see them hitting the ball park around 1 to 3k views or more. This isn't the only post that broke 10k (from a different user). I see a few more.

I see posts that get tons of replies with only 8k views. One had 35 replies with only 7000 views.

Hmm I'm not really in the paranormal part of social media. But I am part of like the sister related topics I guess you can say.

Gnostic, esoteric, tarot, magick etc..personally I don't see many forums get posted on FB, not sure about other social media. But I have myself posted some forum threads with my own leaks on my own social media channels, recycle the traffic(same with any blog comments), so it's highly possible. I'm going to look on FB to see if the forum thread is floating around and other social media.

I've read this warriorforum leak and he showed how he got 2k to his site from one third-party referral leak(had around 330,000 members at the time) .

I'm going to keep studying this forum and see how well it goes for the next few weeks.

To be continued.

Last edited:
Hey @Amir what's the main way of monetizing those paranormal traffic leaks? You have banners/popups up for online fortune tellers or something? Or Tarot cards on Amazon?

Apologies if off-topic. It's a cool niche to be in.

All good. Adsense mostly. Got a few amazon posts. @Poplanu. I love this vertical. And im a practionar myself. Got a lifetimes worth of work to go.

Hey Amir, are you also utilising Facebook paranormal groups? They are an excellent traffic leak method and probably more active than forums these days.

Hmm

I think the pure number of posts has nothing to do with it.

Someone can get "known" with their first ten posts, if they are exceptional quality.
They will further their reputation by two things:
1. Be helpful and nice
2. Howl with the wolves

1. While you might get known for being aggressive and hard to deal with, this will lead (at best) to people tuning in for the drama. Better to be known as one of the good guys.

2. This is where it pays off to observe a forum for a while, to see what kind of audience it attracts and what kind of content attracts views.

Is blog commenting even worth it for a site monetized through ads? I get it for sites where a single conversion can be mid-double figures (or higher), but for sites where the average earnings per user is low, it feels like a waste of time to me.

Am I wrong?

@Jared, it depends on if you're trying to market a brand or simply get a conversion. Good forum posts and blog comments where the users in your niche hangout can raise awareness of your brand and lead to regular direct traffic, social shares, more links, future conversions, etc. It's kind of like having a billboard on the side of the highway for a decade straight. Hard to measure the true value of what those users do after they see your brand for the thousandth time. These are also great ways to form relationships with people in your niche and start talking about guest posts and all of that.

I'd argue that blog comments and forum posting and being on Twitter 24/7 are still fairly low value, despite what I just said, when the same can be achieved through things like guest posting, where you get a dofollow link, an air of authority leeched from the site your post is on, and you get put in front of their audience. If you're nailing out guest posts and still have extra time in your marketing schedule then sure.

But even then I'd argue that your time is better spent producing unbelievably high quality content, studies, and whatever kind of link bait you can and promote it (perhaps on forums and blog comments).

It's all about tapping into an audience, but there's a lot to be said for being associated with an existing site with authority whether through a guest post or getting linked to, versus self-generated content on a forum.

I'm saying this in relation to something like the psychic niche and all that. Business to Consumer stuff. If it's B2B then that's a whole different ball game.

@Ryuzaki, correction. The titles name was "Real Photos Of Nibiru" (In the "UFO's" section, btw)

I did notice different subject lines do better depending on the sections of the forum.

It seems like curiosity + controversial they appeal to. Conspiracy stuff as well.

Newspaper type of headlines(not as catchy though) is the best emotion they appeal too.

But in the "Spiritual"section, the top ones are mostly questions about dreams/personal experience/questions about psychic stuff).

That dude's Nibiru post was pretty silly because he said he taken them himself.

It ended up just looking like a regular sunset and everyone was calling him out on it. Maybe I should fart, while recording in heat vision and tell people I caught a ghost following me.

The opening post I see a lot of question based with controversials and conspiracy like the faking of the moon landing, or mysterious things happening/places.

• Curiosity + conspiracy + controversy + bizarre stuff(bermuda triangle, alien abductions)
  • No dates or numbers
  • Newspaper Headline type subject lines (Some vague, maybe that's hooking some people in too)
  • The opening post info is always seems to be asking questions. I noticed "input + question". A couple of posts got some good long form content.
  • not really appealing to any help (for this section at least)
One of the top posts looks like someone else's traffic leak. They listed 6 helpful links on "spontaneous human combustion". Wth, it's from a guest profile as well.

@Tucky, I'm part of other FB groups like magick, gnostic, tarot, and admin/mod some of them. The paranormal vertical includes those niches.

@darkzerothree Good info. I'm pretty in with the admin already. Kicking it back and forth with them. But ya I should start getting more controversial and more aggressive. (It worked on one theology forum, where I've made a post that caused a lot of replies, defending my position. and a shit ton of views).

Taking this into account, I'll study more this weeks/month and mimic what works. I'm going to have to up my posts to 14-20 threads/comments a week. And I'm acting as third party.

Last edited:
Sup guys just working on this forum. Quick little update.

I'm beginning to think that to get this "1,000" from buso'sCC's homework assignment from a forum is going to take some time.

YOU really need to pull some magic shit out your ass to get a lot of traffic from these forums.

To generate that 1k from a traffic leak, I'm going to have to go a bigger forum with at least 50k members which are highly active, to have a good chance. This 12k member crap, not sure if it'll cut. But too early to tell.

I'll just have to keep blasting away content that mimic/create similar posts to best viewed ones on that forum and cross my hairs and hope for the best.

I"m going to keep it at for the next 2 months and study and try to see how much traffic I can pull off this shit. If it's shit, then I'll move onto the next.

If anyone can pull at least 500 from this forum from a leak, I'll cut my balls off and send them to you (metaphorically).

Over and Out, To Be Continued.....

Last edited:
Here's an idea I had that's leak-related, so I'll dump it here.

1. Take the keyword you want to promote and find the top 10-20 ranking sites for it. If it's a long tail with lower competition, you can use the head term instead.

2. Go to ahrefs and gather all of the links pointing to those ranking pages. Combine them into a single file and dedupe. Filter out low-authority, low-traffic domains.

3. Run the list through GSA Platform Identifier. This will sort the list by platform type (forum, social network, etc.) and specific (vbulletin, phpFox, etc.). GSA PI includes hundreds of non-GSA footprints, so the end result isn't just lists of GSA-compatible sites.

I'm thinking this method can crush ahrefs' sub-20 difficulty keywords.

Does this method sound viable, or is manually creating so many user-generated (read: easy) links too risky to be worth it?

I'm beginning to think that to get this "1,000" from buso'sCC's homework assignment from a forum is going to take some time.

Why don't you stop pussy footing around on tiny forums and go work some huge ones with huge traffic? Me and a Skype buddy routinely drop random posts on Reddit and score 1,000 visits on posts that end up with no upvotes. Just get the damn work done. Either work bigger traffic sites or crank up the volume of your leaks. You're being all precious about it instead of getting results. It very well could be that you don't have the right insight gaining skills to pull it off too. You might just be a transparent dummy, in which case Reddit and Facebook groups and stuff like that will be perfect, since they're there to click stupid stuff versus a forum where they're there to read and discuss.

I had to rethink this for a second, because I'm all over the damn place.

For one, I've been targeting forums where my main target audience/buyer persona isn't hanging out, which are da ladies.

The paranormal ones, well some of them seem like they're a bunch of ghost hunting/ufo dudes in there (More or less with the exception of a one paranormal forum that seem more like spiritual practice/experience with more women, but with low forum activity).

I've switched to bigger and similar type of forum/subreddit which would appeal more to women (I looked in subreddits/forum sections which have content women are generally into: divination, astrology, tarot etc).

Now I can post the same piece of content on platforms, which both contain my target audience, and minorly tweak it to suit that platform.

I stopped blog commenting, so I can focus on mastering one type of traffic source. Then I'll move onto the next type of source (Blog comments, then more advanced methods like outreach etc).

I realize there's a lot more to study than I thought for understanding audience psychology and the platform they're on.

Till next time, peace

Last edited:
Reactions: DD1
Quick Update:
Realizing I was still doing too much, I dropped a couple more channels to focus just on 2. My focus is one Sub-Reddit and 3 Facebook groups now (I post the same content on all 3 groups, because they both contain the same exact target audience).

My customer profile changed, realizing the mistake I made by not choosing a niche within that vertical ( I was about to leak soon but this set me back a bit and had to make some edits) . Thankfully it's fixed now.

Sometimes when I read things, I misinterpret things without really paying attention.

Anyways, the constant weekly leaks start this week (I started to leak a bit, but uping it now). I'll provide some traffic/money stats for you next time.

Peace

Last edited:
Any update on this @Amir? I’m interested in how much traffic you can get from Facebook groups.

When posting in these groups, are you using your personal FB Account or setting up a new one specifically for this purpose?

One of my posts got about around 200 people total, made only 5 bucks. It was an ok post but not FB worthy(as far as the headline and imaging, the content is pretty good), why really content is going to make or break the leak and especially content presentation on that platform.

There are sites that get at least 1,000+ people to their site from one post. I've seen it, from either a FB group/page which the admin runs.

I tested the hell out of FB pages/groups algo etc..Here are my notes

Code:
    Headline: Title of the Blog post UNDER the image! 5 words!

Content: Always ask Does YOUR Content CONNECT and ENGAGE with your Target Audience?

Short Form: Quotes(only one paragraph!), Questions (+Input)

Long Form:  Resoursceful, highly informative, personal etc..

Images:  Highly EMOTIONAL and VISUAL! (shocking, anger, graphical informative/resourceful,funny, short textual). Mesh Up Images into ONE image.  Multiple images do well too. 

Non informative images or quoteless images don't do well, unless it's     a very  viral branded/controversial image(film etc dogs, cats etc..).      Art images are a MISS for the most part.  if they don't have some     information/textual etc.. etc..    (unless you're in the art niche). 

Use Branded/controversial/viral(dogs,cats, movies scenes  etc..)

Graphical/INFORMATIVE(chakras, esoteric     theology,     summarized     info, etc..) In Combination With Textual

Make Sure the content in the IMAGES have High Resolution and     Large enough to clearly see. 

TEXT -  The section of the FB POST which you can put text in.  Controversial/Thought Provoking statements/Questions.  Best to ask questions + Input.  MAKE SURE YOU HAD A HEADLINE, if you have LONG TEXT! 

(80 characters are best right now for 2019)*NOTE:       This Can     change depending on the niche and TYPE of post!  293     characters     got  3 top in one group!

Link-Description (13 characters)

Linking To Other Sites:  if the graphing sucks, put the link up in the Text area, and upload a more visually better image.

FB Resesarch Notes

⦁    Use FB search engine to look for big pages/groups
0    Testing Posting Time: Note The 3 Following Using Insights, last 50 posts, post at random times, then get the mean average to see where your posts stands.

1) The peak time(s)

2) The valley time (lowest point)

3) Time in-between the valley and peak

⦁    Look at past weeks/months posts, see if it matches up with Popular Times insights(5-10 posts MUST be Good similar types for testing!). 

If it doesn't ask why.

Is the content engaging enough? 

Is The message clear and consice for your target audience?

Does it connect with your audience(what they want)? 

Competing against other groups(pages) for the news feed causing     low reach?

Is it better to post at non peatk times or in between?

⦁    Engagment Factors

Posting Frequency/Timing

Non active pages/groups kill Reach over time.

Too Much Activity can kill reach as well

Competing Posts: Engagment during peak times     MIGHT be low due     to competing posts against other groups/pages   

Quality of Post, How engaging is it?

Time Slot Posting (In The Same Group) hours within The Group:      DOES NOT EFFECT REACH, if 2 or 3 posts ONLY 20 MINUTES APART,     WITH DECENT NEWS WALL Reach/Eng.! BUT, SPAMMING         MIGHT...IF     THE GROUP HAS TOO MANY POSTS WITHIN A DAY KILL     NEWS WALL REACH.

High Engagment Doesn't Always Mean High Reach     

Bad Post Time -  Good Posts can still get low reach:  Could be     when     your fans are online the most or off.      Due to competing posts     for     news feed,  must test for each     page/group.  Use competitors     to get     an idea first. 

[*]⦁    Repost the same exact post at different times.  The same exact post can get very high/low reach depending on the time of day posted.  problem with insights, it only gives you data on your post time.  So you wont know what is the best time, until you have posted on ALL times with GREAT content!
0    Try to take your evergreen and rehash it with a different angle.
1    Find posts that did well at that time and create similar posts
2    Same Post in The same EXACT niche on different pages/groups work differently(Depends On how broad or specific that page/group is about)!
3    SPEND at LEAST 30-45 MINUTES WHEN CREATING A POST
4    Pin A New Post Each Week(Highest amount of Reach)
5    Find anywhere and everwhere where u can link your site on your profile, page,group
6    Mobile post character before "see more" link:  266 Characters
7    Engage IN COMMENTS.  Commenting at prime times might blast reach as well in groups/Pages!
8    FB Page/Group Start up: Page/Group inviting is the best way to get started on FB (pay to play too, low cost other countries) ( this can turn off users by doing too much inviting, maybe once a month)  Make sure you have a COOL name!

Boosting Post Do Well Too. 

page2page leaks, or groups/pages2groups leaks

⦁    Look at competitors in other groups/pages to see best content etc.. before creating your own
0    Always have the TARGET AUDIENCE ind MIND!
1    Image Posts With Textual Links  Might kill the reach on facebook pages/groups? still testing..
2    Images that lack info graphs quotes etc. are a big hit or miss.  For art niches they can work very very well.  For other niches not so well. 
3    Does FB favor other groups with more reach due to higher?  Edgerank possibly gives them more leeway it seems.  Certain groups may outrank their competitors for the news wall. 
4    Collabrating  with others offer to help run their page, getting others mod or admin powers. 

Spamming In Groups Can Kill Reach. Still testing. 

Activity seems to effect reach REGARDLESS of HOW MANY     PAGE/GROUP MEMBERS YOU HAVE.  You can have a shit ton of     people with low reach.  And a small amoutn of people with High     Reach. 

FB Checklist Posting Chekclist Structure:

what type of post: link, image, image + link, video, text + image etc..?

What's The Post Topic? Magick, esoteric, astrotheology, yoga, hermetics, authority figures, etc..Use your chrome bookmarks get ideas. 

Short Form or long form Long form works best as references,educational, beneficial.  Short form works well with short quotes(quote must hit emotions)

Is the image engaging?(infographs, quotes, charts, hidden secrets, myth busting etc)? Is the image High Reso?  All Pixels Being Maximized? The bigger the image contents the better, general rule of thumb.  Hyperfocused imaged is always better. 

Headline/Text Hit Emotions? Combination of emotions are best or hit one emotion really hard. (Anger aka controversial stuff, beneficial, curiosity, ego stroking, thought-provoking,humor, sadness, excitable, fearful) makea pround emotional statement?

Is The Whole Post Emotionally Engaging? Does it have a Question or questions? Or questions with your own input?

Good Posting time? When's the best prime times to post?

I use my own personal account, no manipulation. Since I'm admin and mod for most of the groups/pages, they don't care due to my past and ongoing contributions. You can use a fake persona if you want. Just make it look really legit(add friends get active show that you're a human being).

Read up on "polarizing content" and "creating compelling content" on Buso and take a quick look at socialmediabeast post.

Good read for creating evergreen viral content which really is good for my niche. Not sure about your niche, if its mostly topical content or a mix etc. https://www.semrush.com/blog/how-to-create-content-viral-and-evergreen/ <basically the same thing that the "create compellig content" thread on buso.

I'm sure you'll do fine. I've read your journals and it seems you use to do traffic leaking all the time and you bank, then SEO bit your ass and caused you amnesia.

Last edited:
Back