Flotation, anyone else doing this?

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
Over the past few months I have started floating. If you don't know: floating is simply laying in an isolation tank filled with buoyant water (Epsom salt) with no light and sound. The water and air temps are at skin temperature. This removes physical stimulation and leaves only your mind. You can quickly enter theta brain wave states.

I have been floating something like once a week for a few months now and the benefits have been awesome. For me its a mental thing, it helps me clean out my mind. I am getting better at it, can quickly enter the theta state. I have literally not felt better, ever, getting out of the tank today.

Anyone else using these?
man-in-pod.JPG

I've been meaning to try this since seeing the movie Altered States years ago, and it seems like a lot more of these places are opening up lately so I'll have to take the plunge soon (so to speak.) Will report back.

i wouldn't do it once, if you're going to try it, commit to at least 3 floats. This thing requires practice, practice at doing and thinking nothing. Practice focusing on your breathing and that's it. Probably on my 8th or 9th float now and just getting to where I feel like I get consistent results.

I'd love to do it, but there is very, very few places offering this over here.

::emp::

I've been wanting to try it for awhile. Know a few friends who do it and say it's amazing.

I've done it twice. There are some places that have tanks with speakers so you can play relaxation music, your favorite tunes, etc. Avoid these :wink: Silence is best.

If I was back in Colorado, I'll do it blazed. Always wanted to try that.

bdRsp0m.png

Never did it, but it look like a good market to go in

Back