Finding where your target audience is.

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
Yesteday my Udemy course finaly went live after fixing all the "issues" that the udemy team found. Before that I ran a few facebook campaigns, that were somewhat successfull, I think the biggest gain was learning a thing or two about facebook adverisement in general.

But now I'm thinking about using other channels to get users. The online course is made for my country, a small one, local language.

Have anyone ever advertised a product for small audiences where they don't usually "hang-out" in the same place. I'm trying to figure out what marketing channels should I use, but that is the main issues, that I can't really nail where the target audience is "hanging-out" online.

It as a course about web-development. Mostly I'm looking at young adults that are just out of university or still in it. That would like to improve their career or job opportunities, since my country is really lacking web-developers and there is a huge demand in the job-market for them.

Social networks are one thing, but I'm looking for that criteria that separates those students from the future mc'donalds employees and the ones that actually care where they end up.

I'm considering contacting website owners, and offer them 50% of the revenue that they bring in. But the problem here is to find websites where my audience would be.

Anyways, maybe someone has been in a similar situation. Any opinions or advice will be great. :smile:

You need to make your target profiles. "Young adults that recently graduated" really isn't going to cut it. You need to answer these questions:
  • What exact age range are going after
  • Male/Female/Both?
  • What state of mind are they in
  • What interests do they have outside of what you're selling?
  • How desperate are they for the benefit that your product/service provides?
  • Where do they spend their money (and how much)?
  • Do they reside in a specific geographical area?
Search google for target demographic/customer profiles......you'll find all kinds of examples and templates.

My first suggestion is to find 3 forums directly related to your niche, a few subreddits, and 1 or 2 online communities that have nothing to do with your niche - but hold the interest of your target market. Become a regular contributor on all of them and drop your links/service mentions in a natural way.

@stackcash

I've nailed down the audience.
There are 4 main focus groups.
Males 20 - 24 and 25 - 29 and females in the same age groups.

The state of mind is: "I need to get a job, but I can't get one because I have little or no experience (The younger female and male groups)" or "I want to improove my career opportunities (the older female and male groups)".

The younger ones either still live with their parents budget (which is not very common, but still exists in larger cities), or are working some part time job, combining it with the studies. The older ones are working some kind of job or are unemployed.

About spending money, it is hard to figure it out for the young group. I would guess that it is: booze, parties and clothing.

For the older groups, probably a house, food, clothing, and maybe family.

I'm confident, that the product would help them, but they just don't realize it. I have to figure out, how to put it to them right.

As for the geographical area. Well, my country is really small european country. (Like really small). So I think that most of the country, that fits the age and are looking for job opportunities fit.

The problem is that there are no real active forums where this audience hang out. I think the places where to start would be facebook groups, and our local social media website which also has similar groups.

There's a thousand and one places where people hang out for web development. You're posting on one right now. There's a thousand others you can traffic leak, purchase ad space, do native advertising and offer a revenue share, and more. You're on the internet, every piece of which requires web development. It's one of the biggest topics online, along with "make money online" which is tangentially related. There are also plenty of places online that would let you target users as tightly as you've described, Facebook being one.

@Ryuzaki I totaly agree with you if we are talking about the english speaking market,and some other bigger country markets.

But for my local market, there aren't such places, when you do the regular search in google like "make money online forums" or "web developments forums" or any other similar query, there are forums that come up, but they are absolutely inactive. Last messages are in 2013 or early 2014.

As for social media, I'm already targeting that audience there. :smile:

It is actually quite ironical, we are in the top 5 of countries with the fastest internet speed in the world. But our online activities are so low.

Back