Finding a Parnter Who Can Take A Freshly Thriving Idea To The Max

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm just wondering.

Has anyone here had to find a partner who could take a budding business they've had, to the max?

How did you find our partner?
What did you give the partner?
What did the partner give you?
In the end was it worth it?

Would love to see stories of JVs and Partnerships.

I've never really "had" to do it, but somehow I always end up randomly finding a person who has the means to improve the business I already have or means to start a new JV with me. I've been very lucky in this regard. I am not much for networking at all. Sometimes, when I see people with notebooks running around a conference and writing every contact they came across, that's just forcing it in my opinion.

If you do not know that many people in business, it's best to get to know at least few of them, who have enough contacts and are willing to share. I always consider the human side of the person I am about to work with, rather than his skills. If my JV partner is a crap of a human being and we do not "click" in any way, then I would rather stay away. Most of my partners already were or slowly become some of my closest friends and I have a very hard time to separate professional side of things from personal, because they always affect each other.

So all in all, even if JV doesn't work out or if the person doesn't have an ability to improve your business, you can always end up with a very good friend that you can always JV with in some other areas later on. So yes, most of the time, it's worth it, but always be picky :smile:

Cool information.

I'm the same. If you guys haven't been able to tell here, I am not skilled socially, but highly functional in other ways: Business ideologies and marketing, arts, and athletics.

I also do not like looking for people. I feel like no one understands me. But, my ideas always do well and advice I give is usually spot on. Business direction comes so simply to me, i have the eye of Horus/Ankh for it..... outside of this though, i pretty much get frustrated with people who don't get the information I speak.....and i have to exit having a relationship with that person because once I prove my point, I will never accept their lack of respect for my ideas again .

I ONLY speak when I'm pretty sure however as being wrong sucks and i figured out how to practice patience in finding the right answer, as a youth.

The only person who got my visions was the only person who really just ran laps around me thinking wise..... i understood this after a short conversation and he's one the founders of instacart.. i think it was called.

Since then,met a ton of rich people who had resources but their brains still weren' on the same level. They just functioned off social networking more so than actual ingenuity & foresight

Back