Featured snippets, Elementor and possible fixes?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
I use Elementor and that's not going to change for the foreseeable future, but it prevents me from getting a lot of featured snippets, since Google mostly grabs them if the HTML is simple.

As a fix, wouldn't it be a workable idea to add an Advanced Custom Fields to posts labelled "Intro", which would work as featured snippet bait, and then have your intro/bait piece pasted in there. Then add it to the child theme with a simple IF THEN and grabbing that field and outputting it inside the post css, but before the Elementor css. I would assume this would work for more featured snippets.

Anyone else have ideas for featured snippets and Elementor or other page builders?

You can still get featured snippets even using Elementor. My sites got lots of snippets and I'm using Elementor.

Are you writing the posts in Elementor, or just using it for the outline of the format? If you're using it as just the structure outline and writing the article in Gutenberg, then won't be any issues with the featured snippet.

Are you writing the posts in Elementor, or just using it for the outline of the format? If you're using it as just the structure outline and writing the article in Gutenberg, then won't be any issues with the featured snippet.

I write the posts in Google Docs and paste into Elementor, so that means paragraph blocks etc.

@bernard

Have you tried Elementor’s Post Excerpt widget?

And if you need excerpts to show on pages, and not only posts, you can add the following to you theme/child-theme:

Code:
add_post_type_support( 'page', 'excerpt' );

The Excerpt is hidden under the “Screen Options” in the top-right when using the Classic Editor.

In Gutenberg it is hidden under the “Show more tools and options.” That is to say; you need to click the three-dotted icon, scroll down to “Options” and hit the “Excerpt“ checkbox.

This method isn’t tested by me, but in theory it should deliver the result you’re after.

Have you tried Elementor’s Post Excerpt widget?

This method isn’t tested by me, but in theory it should deliver the result you’re after.

Thanks for the tip, but won't it still have all that Elementor nested divs? Because those nested divs are really the main issue.

Thanks for the tip, but won't it still have all that Elementor nested divs? Because those nested divs are really the main issue.
No problem!

In answer to your question; Yes, you’ll end up with an excessive dom tree and to boot suffer from a severe case of divitis. Sadly that’s the way Elementor rolls at this moment in time.

My suggestion is to try and test both methods and see what results you’ll get.

Back