Featured Snippet in Google Search

Degree
Alright so I'm ranking on the first page of google for a pretty profitable term, but I'm like rank #6.

2 weeks ago, my content became the "featured snippet" for this term, which was awesome because it gets me to above #1 and I got a shitload of clicks and sales...

Than I got removed from featured snippet, added back in, removed, added back in, literally 10-12 times.

Sometimes it will happen 2-3 times in ONE DAY.

What the hell is happening here?

The link above is a great resource but Google loves changing them up 24/7 regardless. Multiple changes each day are normal. Google clearly has a lot of work to do to make them more useful (they catch a lot of flack for showing wrong/useless information in the snippets still, but are persisting).

Not to mention that never a moment passes when Google isn't split-testing. How will they know which featured snippet has better engagement if they aren't testing and comparing.

This is definitely "normal" for Featured Snippets. My company's site that I do SEO for is constantly in and out. The good thing is, I'm always in multiple snippets for high volume terms. But, some days I'll see a lot, some days I'll see just a few. I do notice it cycles through the same sites (us, and 2 other competitors).

Back