Facebook/Social - What Are The Secrets?

contract

We're all gunna mine it brah.
Degree
I've tired to promote on FB before and have failed too often in the process.

I've had a few really nice sucesses here and there, but not enough to keep going on social.

I see a lot of pages with 100K-1M likes or more. I'm just amazed and confused. How are these guys growing so fast?

- Do you just run ads targeting the ENTIRE world? Instead of the classic US, Canada, UK, Aus, etc.?
- Do you not target fans of pages?
- Is there a certain clickbait formula for posts to follow?
- Sponsored posts? Promoted page?
- CPC, CPM, etc?
- Do you have to be super, super niche specific?

I've done both Worldwide, and US while replicating the exact content of other pages with lots of likes/shares. I NEVER see the same results. It's really hit or miss.

Thoughts/Tips? PM or post here...

Also wanted to note: I see top 10 lists that are COMPLETE DOG SHIT getting 10,000+ likes/shares. I mean you'd have to be mentally retarted to like it... (That bad) So I don't believe content quality is an issue here.

Hate to cock block but if anyone is going to respond I'd like to be able to read it instead if it going to PM, unless the convoys going to get ultra specific and might expose a site.

I've done my fair amount of FB to the degree of 10's of thousands of likes/shares but I haven't tried to build a huge audience. Well I have but failed. I just think I didn't try the right angle with passion pages yet.

And in the spirit of fail until I succeed I just fired up another attempt this morning. Obviously I have to blame @Tavin for that.

Last edited:
@Calamari is the man, he helped me out the other day getting my feet wet with FB ads. I'm pretty motivated to keep trying.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mans-600000-facebook-ad-disaster-2014-2

I've found facebook to be def 'scamming' clients... and when you do chargebacks that require proof.. they usually don't fight it and let you keep running, if they feel they still profit from you.

It does get results but the number of fake pages is just hard to call.

The best websites to earn on FB were fake news:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/15/technology/facebook-google-fake-news-presidential-election/

I know quite a few millionaires off this stuff.

There are so many ways to make millions of dollars with Facebook it's unbelievable. Most of the large advertisers still haven't figured out what an amazing bargain the ads are so the prices are still very low for how effective they are.

People are doing so many different things and making a ton of money there is no single right way to do things.

From your questions it seems you are just wondering why you didn't get much organic engagement on your posts. 2 key reasons:

1. Hindsight bias, you are looking at posts that got a ton of likes/shares and assuming that kind of post often gets many likes/shares. But that's a false conclusion without understanding how many very similar posts got no traction.

2. Facebook is getting much better at duplicate content and penalizing it. If all you do is rip other people stuff Facebook picks it up real quick and your engagement will be crap. If the content is not made original in some small way you will not have a good time.

If you are starting with pages with 0 likes and posting things and wondering why you cannot grow organically. Well most of those pages you see with 100k+ likes they paid for advertising to get likes or already owned big pages that they used to help boost the new ones up. Starting from scratch with no money to invest I wouldn't really know where to start.

can someone show me an example of one of these fake news sites?

As my guy said before, it takes money to invest, to make these things work. Even after set up the site, you will be investing consistently monthly.

However, you earn A LOT when one small, so-stupid a dog would know it's not worth reading, goes viral....................

http://www.eonline.com/news/464790/...ild-while-source-calls-report-funny-but-false

The guy behind the site that started this article topic made over $10k from his one shock story alone............. because it went so viral. Back when Miley was 'hot'

Last edited by a moderator:
I come across fake sites pretty much every day in the niche I'm in. The stories are always completely over the top, yet idiots continually take the bait. It's probably unethical, but damn, is it effective.

Here's a big list:

http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/fake-news-sites-list-facebook/

Many of the sites listed are completely legitimate right-wing sites, placed on the list due to liberal butthurt after the glorious spanking they were given on 11.8.16 (Breitbart, Infowars, The Blaze, etc.).

Still, there are many that are flat-out frauds looking for an easy payday.

I come across fake sites pretty much every day in the niche I'm in. The stories are always completely over the top, yet idiots continually take the bait. It's probably unethical, but damn, is it effective.

Here's a big list:

Many of the sites listed are completely legitimate right-wing sites, placed on the list due to liberal butthurt after the glorious spanking they were given on 11.8.16 (Breitbart, Infowars, The Blaze, etc.).

These guys are a lot better than the President's dirt.. why knock 'em? Lol

Lot worse ways to make money off stupidity and ignorance

NOt like any of these people read real news or books... obviously

Here's a big list:

It's an attempt at censorship. In the name of banning websites with fake news, they slip in a lot of anti governmentm, right wing sites. Of course there are a lot of fake news sites too, otherwise it would be too suspicious.

Many right wing site did publish fake/questionable articles, but the left wing did just as much and if not more.

“CATEGORY 3: Other websites on this list sometimes use clickbait-y headlines and social media descriptions, and they are marked with a 3.

Half of the website online should be on the list then.

The guy behind the site that started this article topic made over $10k from his one shock story alone

Can anyone let me in on the monetizing technique? Adsense? Or was the site already in good CPM networks?

It pisses me off that these sites make money off bogus news stories. Talk about letting the wind out of your sails...

You start to question your entire business plan and goals in IM. You begin to wonder if you should just forget about building something of value that you can take pride in that will hopefully make you good money and tossing it aside to throw a bunch of B.S. news stories on a site that is nothing but lies, doesn't give you any pride, but could net yourself a huge payday.

Reactions: Nat
In business. Less emotion makes more money usually.

People who make these sites are nothing short of pure capitalists. People who are talking about 'oh the news is fake' is in love with the art of creating websites/news/etc.... attached to something that can't love them back lol

Im about to launch one to share with a friend who used to work for me.. let her earn extra money for holidays.

look at this page, 32k shares....
http://creambmp.com/2016/10/29/meek-mill-walks-young-m-eating-nicki-minaj-backstage/

Imagine the earnings from a page with 32k shares on Facebook alone.

Last edited:
Im about to launch one to share with a friend who used to work for me.. let her earn extra money for holidays.

That's very nice of you. How many of these types of sites do you own that are profitable?

That's very nice of you. How many of these types of sites do you own that are profitable?

I never ventured into that world . I used to run news blogs but they became so much work... and i learned another business which was a lot more profitable. I switched immediately.

I want to try these blogs out because I do know how to run them. I see the profit / know people who run them. Honestly I just wasn't into the 'spoof news' thing.... but it's such an easy profit now, why not?

I'm eyeing a domain today for it actually.

I never ventured into that world . I used to run news blogs but they became so much work... and i learned another business which was a lot more profitable. I switched immediately.

I want to try these blogs out because I do know how to run them. I see the profit / know people who run them. Honestly I just wasn't into the 'spoof news' thing.... but it's such an easy profit now, why not?

I'm eyeing a domain today for it actually.

I'm glad we got that out in the open, especially since you offered to take money to teach people how to do it.

There are lots of great examples out there and I "know" how to do it too, but that's a far cry from knowing the buttons to press to make it happen.

It pisses me off that these sites make money off bogus news stories. Talk about letting the wind out of your sails...

They're not all doing fake news. It just so happens that the fake ones are front and center right now.

They're not all doing fake news. It just so happens that the fake ones are front and center right now.

Maybe you missed the part where I said I ran serious news sites.
And maybe you missed the part I have another business (which also uses similar tactics to market but I limit the information I put out there... intelligence usually has reservation in the mix)

Why you would be mad I'd "take someone's money" for my time....or a consultation fee as most professionals would call it...... because my time is worth money, if I'm setting you up to make money... is beyond me.

Nor would I expect anyone to give me money without seeing my credentials (considering I've been online doing internet biz since 2001-2002. Not bragging but my names' circulated and I've sold many winning projects.

Jesus. I guess some the childish bullshit 'hate' that pretty much terminated WF and kept so many people privately browsing that forum.. is surfacing here.

Good Luck with whatever you do none the less. I just think you should think more of people, you speak of... Basically you just called BuSo a forum of idiots who are going to get taken advantage of. Pretty sure everybody here's pretty smart... At least I thought they were. But hey, different strokes.. diff folks.

Maybe you missed the part where I said I ran serious news sites.
And maybe you missed the part I have another business (which also uses similar tactics to market but I limit the information I put out there... intelligence usually has reservation in the mix)

Why you would be mad I'd "take someone's money" for my time....or a consultation fee as most professionals would call it...... because my time is worth money, if I'm setting you up to make money... is beyond me.

Nor would I expect anyone to give me money without seeing my credentials (considering I've been online doing internet biz since 2001-2002. Not bragging but my names' circulated and I've sold many winning projects.

Jesus. I guess some the childish bullshit 'hate' that pretty much terminated WF and kept so many people privately browsing that forum.. is surfacing here.

Good Luck with whatever you do none the less. I just think you should think more of people, you speak of... Basically you just called BuSo a forum of idiots who are going to get taken advantage of. Pretty sure everybody here's pretty smart... At least I thought they were. But hey, different strokes.. diff folks.

Of course providing a service is normal, but this isn't the place to do so.

Doesn't matter if everybody is smart or not, that still isn't an excuse to promote stuff, were promotion isn't meant to happen. That what marketplaces are for : https://www.buildersociety.com/forums/marketplace.12/

Of course providing a service is normal, but this isn't the place to do so.

Doesn't matter if everybody is smart or not, that still isn't an excuse to promote stuff, were promotion isn't meant to happen. That what marketplaces are for : https://www.buildersociety.com/forums/marketplace.12/

I wasn't even being half serious about that post. Notice there was no follow up .
If it were serious, trust I'd have promoted a lot more than that.

But I will keep things to myself in the future that resemble promotion. Cheers.

That got ugly fairly quickly.

But on a separate less dick-fencing note, does anyone have an opinion/experience on post engagements vs impressions vs daily unique reach vs website clicks?

post engagements vs impressions vs daily unique reach vs website clicks?

The better you engagement is the more impressions you'll get per dollar so your reach and clicks will rise as well. If the FB algo deems that people like it they'll show it to a heck of a lot of people.

Edit: Watch your quality score. The higher it is the better your results usually are.

Last edited:
Anybody ever done a blog in Spanish and used facebook? And PROFITED a fair amount , of course

Last edited:
Back