Facebook Page from Scratch

Degree
What are the steps I should take into growing a brand new facebook page?

Example: I have a website on the latest trends in sneakers

I want to grow a related facebook page and have 2-4k to dump into it.

What are the steps I need to take to get the best bang for my buck but at the same time have a good audience that's interactive.

Good audience can slowly be built up with facebook advertising to quality english speaking countries. It will be slow at first, but as your numbers grow it will be easier to attract more and more fans. People need to see the validation before following. They are followers.

I wouldn't recommend buying FB fans, event the first couple of thousands. It will influence the reachability to your audience with facebook throttling like hell. A workaround could be to advertise to cheaper english speaking countries at first, to get first initial 5k-10k likes. At least these would be the real audience caring about your page.

I'm quite the noob here as well. I've toyed but I'm going to take a serious stab at this soon as well, in the 1k-2k spend range at first.

The problem with advertising to the cheaper countries is that there's a ton of FB bots clicking ads and liking pages to look human, from my experience and even more so from data I've seen. I'd love for that not to be the case, because I'd take the likes and shares just as soon as I would the English speaking ones. The traffic means less to me, but it's about the validation as you've said. I wouldn't want bots screwing up my Edge Rank.

What would be the best approach after building a page and populating it with good posts? Ads for page likes in the Newsfeed? Or do you go ahead and push ads for one of your posts? Seems like a straight "like" campaign would get less interaction but allow you to re-market to these users again and again.

Does engagement act as some kind of quality score that lowers your CPC? On FB, what lowers the costs of gaining these likes, with all other variables held steady?

Also, do you guys feel it's better to go for likes straight to your Brand's page like "PopcornKings.com", or would you rather have some kind of non-branded page like "We Love Popcorn!" Is it important to try to disarm people on FB from knowing they are being advertised to by a brand?

Find pages in similar niche. Not exact competitions, but even they are fair. Most pages are run by teenagers. Make them an offer they cant refuse. Offer upfront payment for sharing posts from your page. Populate your page first with sharable content, with a tag like this --> Like page name for more <-- and then ask page owners to share it.

I'm testing this at the moment. Did you know you can boost a post for only £1? Target this to your followers every time and you're more likely to build up that edgerank. I also like to target people who like specific things, so if I post a video of a dog on a trampoline I will target all those keywords such as dog, canine, pets, animals etc. but you probably know all that already. Slow and steady is the rule on FB if you ask me. Don't manipulate by buying followers (I did that with a previous page and FB shat on me). FB advertising doesn't cost that much. Also test which times of the day to post. I'm in the UK but if I have a load of USA followers I will try posting in the night via the scheduler.

when you are locked in as your page on facebook, start visiting pages that is related to yours or even direct competitors, then start liking peoples comments on the page, they get the notification and they will often check out your page and if the content on it is decent they will most of the time like your page.

Back