Facebook is now Meta... you in?

I don't think @freshpeppermint is trolling. It's a serious point that's being glossed over here.

Here's the scene specifically from the Matrix:

The guy has fair points. It ALL hinges on your version of reality. What is real? And yes, who says we aren't in some kinda simulation right now ANYWAYS? It's all semantics. Everything you perceive around you is just some electro waves going on in your brain. You have no other proof.

If you could give up this reality and be a superstar baller in some virtual reality, but you didn't know it was fake, why NOT do it?

In the Matrix, once you exit the Matrix you're presented with this ultra shitty reality of running from bots and eating garbage scraps for food. The question: why bother? If reality sucks dick and is full of pain, loss, and exhaustion, then why do it? I am probably on the side of Cypher (in YT clip above). Reality is relative to the person and if there's greener pastures elsewhere I say why not.

Forget about the FB Meta stuff for my post. The argument of what is reality and what is real is the point being made.

If you could give up this reality and be a superstar baller in some virtual reality, but you didn't know it was fake, why NOT do it?
Could do this in real reality though

You guys have to be living miserable lives for you to conclude that living in a fake reality will bring you happiness or is a better alternative.

Sad state of affairs.

We’re already living in a simulation, don’t really need another one

Some of y'all are really not getting laid enough - or you're elite-level trolls. Not sure what to think of all this :D

really not getting laid enough

I need god-level self control to not infer this, best I could do to hint this was the wife and kids comment.

There is a certain "human interaction" you can't do while living in a computer!!

E2dtD1O.gif

What The Fuck is going on here!?!?!

You guys have to be living miserable lives for you to conclude that living in a fake reality will bring you happiness or is a better alternative.

Sad state of affairs.
No one is saying to stay on the computer or in the metaverse. We are assuming that in the future metaverse would be so advanced to a point it's like the matrix or more advanced.

I do not believe in souls. I believe you are the brain. If something is literally connected/changing the very chemistry of the brain, this is AS REAL as ANYTHING you will get. I just don't think your understanding this concept. You are just a supercomputer. After AI gets super far, you will literally be able to create a human through a computer. And it will be as human as a real human. (OF course, unless you believe in a SOUL, all this wouldn't make sense. Then you can say there are human things/interactions that a machine cannot do/replace.)

How are you happy knowing you're going to die? How are you happy knowing you don't know if there's alien life? How are you happy knowing what the future will hold after humans dying? I thought curiosity was something very human?

How are you happy knowing you're going to die? How are you happy knowing you don't know if there's alien life? How are you happy knowing what the future will hold after humans dying? I thought curiosity was something very human?
1. Personally, I'm good knowing I'll die at some point. I'm happy because I don't fear death. It's a natural part of life. Whereas you're unhappy because you fear death.

I respect what you're saying but it must be sad being in those shoes. You'll never have the sense of having "lived" your life. Just fear and regret, till the end.

2. Great to be curious, but losing touch with what you are (a living, breathing, unique being) for the sake of virtual reality, alien life, and knowing the future? There's healthy curiosity, but surely not this... Get back to reality, we're more than "just a supercomputer".

In the world you see as the future, I'll be what you'll refer to as a rebel. And I'll enjoy life. The real authentic life.

Why not cheer up and get laid a bit more? It could change your perspective (‿ˠ‿)

Back