Facebook is now Meta... you in?

Degree
Today Facebook announced that it is changing both its public facing name and its long-term objective to build out a meta-verse. https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/facebook-renames-itself-meta

It sounds like it is a foray into virtual reality with the most incredible augmented reality as a Segway. Have you thought about your strategies for this new platform? Or do you think Facebook is a relic regardless of rebranding?

Oculus sales are probably going to be going up then. If it's possible to invest in that without getting tied up with Facebook investments (or maybe that's good too) could be an easy buck to make.

Oculus sales are probably going to be going up then. If it's possible to invest in that without getting tied up with Facebook investments (or maybe that's good too) could be an easy buck to make.
Huge upgrades to the Oculus ecosystem were announced today too. Have you thought about how you will play it?

Why anyone would want to take part in a universe owned by Facebook is beyond me. They're bad enough in this world- what about one where they call all the shots? Same thing goes for every mainstream social media platform, though.

I was dissapointed with the Occulus experience.

There was a grainy experience, that broke the 4th wall for me.

I've had much more immersive VR experiences on a simple Google card board and smartphone.

OMG, this world continues to devolve humans. This generation is growing old but not growing up.

Social media has fucked up a lot of people's perception of reality, well-being, mentality, and overall life. The fact that the national average of people spend 6+ hours on social media tells you something is wrong. When I'm in the gym I look around, I'm always lifting and taking a 30-60 second break, but I don't fuck around on my iPhone, I'm in the gym to lift heavyweights. Everyone else lifts then jumps on their phone for 5-10 mins. Everyone is literally looking at their fucking phone 24/7.

Now these fuckers want to live inside that reality.

This is a sad state of affairs. People want to live in the "Real Player One" world, where they are jacking off inside a computer instead of just in front of one now, Wow WTF.

I don't care about evil Facebook or Zuckerberg, they are just the current overlords, if not Facebook another company would do it.

Here is the reality, Gallup did a poll where it found that 87% of the world, world-wide, are unhappy. And that's with them texting and fucking around on their phones all day. So they are glued to a device that has increased their unhappiness, and the solution will be to live INSIDE that reality 24/7.

WTF guys, is this really what people want out of their lives, just live in a fantasy world, literally, and just become fucking zombies. People are already zombies with their phones, now... jesus christ. Sad state of affairs.

"The purpose of the internet is to make a ton of money and then have the luxury of logging off for one last time." - CCarter

There once was a hacker named Zuck Who screwed half the world for a buck People hoped he’d do betta So the name changed to Meta But the name and the product still suck — Roger McNamee

WTF guys, is this really what people want out of their lives, just live in a fantasy world, literally, and just become fucking zombies.
Yes. And you taught me to cash in on it. So lets go lol

WTF guys, is this really what people want out of their lives, just live in a fantasy world, literally, and just become fucking zombies. People are already zombies with their phones, now... jesus christ. Sad state of affairs.

"The purpose of the internet is to make a ton of money and then have the luxury of logging off for one last time." - CCarter
Most people have mental illness, I think. It's already been a proven state in America, most youth are suffering from mental health issues. This goes hand in hand.

Most people have mental illness, I think. It's already been a proven state in America, most youth are suffering from mental health issues. This goes hand in hand.

People now-a-days can't handle criticism, shy away from responsibility and accountability, leading them to run to escapism. Whether it's running home to play video games as a grown adult, drink in excessive, take drugs, binge eating and watching Netflix, or loads of other immature activities that lead to stunted growth, people don't want to grow up. But then the real world hits and "it's hard" and they weren't prepared by their parents, leading them to escapism and/or playing the victim, all starting down the road of mental illness.

There is mental illness that is part of you when you are born, but there is a good chunk that is environmental and starts developing when you are in the "wrong environment".

The internet is great, but if we unplugged it, we'd be fine. Being broadcasted 24/7 news of all bad things happening around the world is not good for your mental health. The reality is 99% of the world is at peace and safe, yet that 1% that is bad is constantly broadcasted to us, and we then think World War 3 is upon us... just turn it all off.

There was no such thing as a "panic attack" back in the 1940s and 1950s. Now people have panic attacks because someone said something not nice. When you got kids committing suicide cause of Facebook bullying, how are we going in the right direction?

But I saw this Metaverse shit coming, literally the only person to ever mention it on this forum because the future crystal clear if look at the curve up ahead. When I saw that Real Player One movie I knew that's what these clowns eventually want to live in. All this metaverse crap just reminded me of this 1990s movie:

Forget my cynicism, people are going to embrace this crap, regardless of how much I flap my mouth. And it's going to continue to leading to more unhappiness and devolving of the West.

You aren't going to save the world, you can save yourself, your family, maybe some friends, help your neighbors and community, but that's about it. Until some catastrophic event happens these people aren't going to wake up, they want to be asleep. They want to live, breath, and sleep in their Metaverse, Jesus. Good luck with all that.

Just get the money folks. Remember the average human has 100 IQ, meaning there is a HUGE chunk of the population that have lower than 100. Get the money, we'll deal with the bullshit later. But that bullshit is starting to pile up...

Maybe I'm worthless. But I know that Facebook is shit as it always was. And that piece of shit, Metaverse, is going to give people a shitbath continuously. I'm definitely not going to be a part of it.

All I know is that I am not sleeping on this like I did with TickTock. However you never lead when you dance with the devil. Cash in cash out log off

You all are missing the spirit of the question. People go into funky ass mines every day to drag out something valuable to feed themselves. My question is less about the conditions of the mine and more about selling jeans and pick axes.

Forget my cynicism
Cynicism is part of your brand homey

Is it a new platform. Or is it just a reskin? Cuz if it’s a new platform I’ll try abuse it

People now-a-days can't handle criticism, shy away from responsibility and accountability, leading them to run to escapism. Whether it's running home to play video games as a grown adult, drink in excessive, take drugs, binge eating and watching Netflix, or loads of other immature activities that lead to stunted growth, people don't want to grow up. But then the real world hits and "it's hard" and they weren't prepared by their parents, leading them to escapism and/or playing the victim, all starting down the road of mental illness.

There is mental illness that is part of you when you are born, but there is a good chunk that is environmental and starts developing when you are in the "wrong environment".

The internet is great, but if we unplugged it, we'd be fine. Being broadcasted 24/7 news of all bad things happening around the world is not good for your mental health. The reality is 99% of the world is at peace and safe, yet that 1% that is bad is constantly broadcasted to us, and we then think World War 3 is upon us... just turn it all off.

There was no such thing as a "panic attack" back in the 1940s and 1950s. Now people have panic attacks because someone said something not nice. When you got kids committing suicide cause of Facebook bullying, how are we going in the right direction?

But I saw this Metaverse shit coming, literally the only person to ever mention it on this forum because the future crystal clear if look at the curve up ahead. When I saw that Real Player One movie I knew that's what these clowns eventually want to live in. All this metaverse crap just reminded me of this 1990s movie:

Forget my cynicism, people are going to embrace this crap, regardless of how much I flap my mouth. And it's going to continue to leading to more unhappiness and devolving of the West.

You aren't going to save the world, you can save yourself, your family, maybe some friends, help your neighbors and community, but that's about it. Until some catastrophic event happens these people aren't going to wake up, they want to be asleep. They want to live, breath, and sleep in their Metaverse, Jesus. Good luck with all that.

Just get the money folks. Remember the average human has 100 IQ, meaning there is a HUGE chunk of the population that have lower than 100. Get the money, we'll deal with the bullshit later. But that bullshit is starting to pile up...

we may disagree a good bit

but I absolutely 100% agree with you here. You're spot on.

Now they want healhty people vaccinated without anyone having ability to deny a life-altering substance being put in their body

for diseases that might kill people who been living unhealthy for the last 20 years... while nobody said a thing about their fast foods, processed foods, smoking, drinking, living a lifestyle that disrespects their sacred temple

I guess 'real life' will be for the rich soon

Kinda like "normal foods" became priced higher and given the label "organic"

Real life is about to be the new 'organic'

I guess 'real life' will be for the rich soon

"Feeling connected in the Metaverse" - Quote from the video

People are really going to choose to be in the fucking Matrix. Jesus Christ. If people's lives are so bad they need this type of escapism, they should grind with grit to improve their lives and standards, not run away. Sad state of affairs we are heading towards.

Horizon Home - like, wtf? So you real home is going to be some virtual crap, instead of just creating a better home for your real self? Doesn't "home" indicate that you go there to relax and be with loved ones? People can have that Metaverse, I'll be on my flip phone.

I only logged in to make this comment..

I can tell based on the FB video on this, that we gonna have some more pussy-assed soft ( like Roseanne's son ) people coming up in future generations.

Much like this boy here
ZYAWH3YTRVEPFJMYBCXLHEMMDU.jpg

There is a word for that - Transhumanism.

They do want us in virtual reality but I don't see it happening that easy. Thanks for the movie C.

Now, If you dont have Instagram, you are almost considered weird. I meet a lot of girls and most of them ask me for instagram, they want to see 'status' online. It may be same thing with Meta. Not saying you cant get laid without it.

The difference is that with instagram, if you want to have a great page you need to travel, have money and great body, so it is kind a connected with real world. But Metaverse is coming boys, im just not sure how they are going to frame it in a way that will be appealing to young generations.

The difference is that with instagram, if you want to have a great page you need to travel, have money and great body, so it is kind a connected with real world.
The weird thing is that this can all be faked. Just go to a panel and buy 10K "USA" followers, buy a couple thousand likes for your posts, put "Investor, Philosopher, Crypto Enthusiast, Etc." in your bio and pretend to be an influencer.

There is a word for that - Transhumanism.

They do want us in virtual reality but I don't see it happening that easy. Thanks for the movie C.

Now, If you dont have Instagram, you are almost considered weird. I meet a lot of girls and most of them ask me for instagram, they want to see 'status' online. It may be same thing with Meta. Not saying you cant get laid without it.

The difference is that with instagram, if you want to have a great page you need to travel, have money and great body, so it is kind a connected with real world. But Metaverse is coming boys, im just not sure how they are going to frame it in a way that will be appealing to young generations.
Date foreign lol

The weird thing is that this can all be faked. Just go to a panel and buy 10K "USA" followers, buy a couple thousand likes for your posts, put "Investor, Philosopher, Crypto Enthusiast, Etc." in your bio and pretend to be an influencer.
I couldn't help but think of this:

"Feeling connected in the Metaverse" - Quote from the video

People are really going to choose to be in the fucking Matrix. Jesus Christ. If people's lives are so bad they need this type of escapism, they should grind with grit to improve their lives and standards, not run away. Sad state of affairs we are heading towards.

Horizon Home - like, wtf? So you real home is going to be some virtual crap, instead of just creating a better home for your real self? Doesn't "home" indicate that you go there to relax and be with loved ones? People can have that Metaverse, I'll be on my flip phone.
You wouldn't wanna live in the matrix? Let's assume you have only 100 years on earth. (idk anything about metaverse but I seen matrix) You can live for TENS OF THOUSANDS OF years (Assuming we can control the time. Those that are truly happy ALWAYS want to live longer because life will always be TOO short for them. THIS ALONE should make you wanna live in a matrix. YOU could literally learn every language, read every book, every movie if you get A TON OF time. (Although I prefer life extension in reality)
You can ALSO fly and do stuff in matrix that never can do in reality.

I mean in the matrix movie that guy who rats out morpheus makes sense to me, why would you wanna fight the machines and eat garbage food and suffer when he was in the martrix "I know this steak is not real but it tastes soo Good" so he chooses to live in matrix.

You wouldn't wanna live in the matrix?

Something is wrong with you. Like I'm not joking. You are running away from real human interaction.

How do you get a wife in the Metaverse? How do you create a family and raise your children in the Metaverse?

You people want to be forever children, playing video games and living like kids. "Growing old but never growing up."

"There's a couple of you in the audience that need psychiatric help. I'm not making a joke."​

I make my jokes, post my memes, but when I logoff, I fuck off and go interact with people, humans, In Real Life. You people need to evaluate your lives seriously if the only interactions you have with humans is through a screen.

Something is wrong with you. Like I'm not joking. You are running away from real human interaction.

How do you get a wife in the Metaverse? How do you create a family and raise your children in the Metaverse?

You people want to be forever children, playing video games and living like kids. "Growing old but never growing up."

"There's a couple of you in the audience that need psychiatric help. I'm not making a joke."​

I make my jokes, post my memes, but when I logoff, I fuck off and go interact with people, humans, In Real Life. You people need to evaluate your lives seriously if the only interactions you have with humans is through a screen.

There is no proof that you aren't living in a simulation right now. Your real human interaction makes sense only now where this meta isn't that advanced, and I would say it's still not that advanced in that movie "Ready Player One", but something like the Matrix?

I am going to assume you have seen the matrix movie, I don't see why you wouldn't just get a family in matrix (altho not everyone wants wife and kids)? What's the issue if the "virtual world" is AS real as the reality you live in that you assume is the reality?

Someone has a real good troll account they launched onto BuSo, that's all I gotta say.

What's the issue if the "virtual world" is AS real as the reality you live in that you assume is the reality?

W5bZdfi.jpg

Good luck.

Back