Ezoic rejected my site for "Scraped Content"

Degree
I am not sure if any of my writers screwed me over here; but I do check for plagiarism regularly with SmallSEOTools. So I am kind of confident that my site is plagiarism-free.

Any idea how to go about this, now?

Has anyone tried a bulk plagiarism checking tool that works? I have used tools like Copyscape and SmallSEOTools but they are one page at a time.

I am not sure if any of my writers screwed me over here; but I do check for plagiarism regularly with SmallSEOTools. So I am kind of confident that my site is plagiarism-free.

Any idea how to go about this, now?

Has anyone tried a bulk plagiarism checking tool that works? I have used tools like Copyscape and SmallSEOTools but they are one page at a time.

Copyscape premium has the feature you are looking for. You could consider investing in it one time, get the data you need, then stop using the premium version.

Thanks @Upsilon - yeah just discovered it myself after posting the article.

And looks like my content does have scraped content. A writer I am paying to contribute has been happily posting the same content on her own Medium blog.

One of her articles is under review still and she already has it posted on her Medium.

WTF!

Thanks @Upsilon - yeah just discovered it myself after posting the article.

And looks like my content does have scraped content. A writer I am paying to contribute has been happily posting the same content on her own Medium blog.

One of her articles is under review still and she already has it posted on her Medium.

WTF!

Not sure how this goes, but if you paid her to do it then you must own the piece and can ask her to delete it and/or threaten with legal actions. I may be wrong though. Really curious what others have to say regarding this.

Will keep following.

Also, sorry to hear.

Yeah, I think she was just trying to build her portfolio. She deleted it as soon as I wrote to her. But I guess the damage is done.

Anyway, it's a good wake up call to now go back and check each of my articles for plagiarized content and fix it before the site grows in volume and traffic

I think it's a great sign that she takes that much pride in her work and was willing to rectify it right away. Simple misunderstanding from someone who didn't know any better. Ezoic should be fine with this if you explain this to them, but if not, I don't think they're really all that much better than Auto Ads, if at all.

I had a site with Ezoic that had a hard ceiling that it would never push past in terms of earnings, but Adsense would frequently break through that ceiling, sometimes even 3x more than the peak I'd get from Ezoic. Auto ads was just more chaotic, the lower days were lower than Ezoic, but the higher days were a lot higher.

In any case, either one is just a stepping stone before you hit 50k friends per month on your site and move on to bigger and better things, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Back