Ezoic questions

Degree
Hey guys,

I have recently put my website on Ezoic.

Ever since that happened, my impressions in GSC started declining rapidly (we are talking less than a week). Is that correlation or causation?

Also, I noticed a spike in my non-indexed pages in the GSC as soon as Google AdManager approved my website and I was able to deliver Ezoic ads. We are talking same day. To be more precise, a number close to half of my content pages.

Now, I have double checked and my indexed pages are still the same. The number of indexed pages didn't actually drop.

What should I watch for to mitigate any loss of rankings due to the ads? Can that even happen?

At the moment I am letting the A.I. decide where to put ads on my website. But I think I will actually start following @shaunm 's tips on how to setup the placeholders.

Ever since that happened, my impressions in GSC started declining rapidly (we are talking less than a week). Is that correlation or causation?
Sounds like correlation to me. The Link Spam and Helpful Content updates were (and are) still rolling out. Their impacts are landing at varying times for different people.

Also, I noticed a spike in my non-indexed pages in the GSC as soon as Google AdManager approved my website and I was able to deliver Ezoic ads. We are talking same day. To be more precise, a number close to half of my content pages.
Did you check what types of URLs they are? It could be nothing harmful and probably is, just that Google is now discovering more things on your site since Ad Manager crawled to learn the topics (maybe) or that Ezoic is creating a lot of URL Parameter variations of your pages that are set to no-index (which is good).

What should I watch for to mitigate any loss of rankings due to the ads? Can that even happen?
I think the only impact you're going to have that could directly relate to rankings is the lack of page speed that Ezoic is known for. There's not a lot you're going to be able to do, though they offer solutions. You might want to look at Monumetric if your goal is to move into the RPM world of display advertising. I think it's the best entry point at this point, rather than using Adsense or Ezoic as stepping stones.

Back