Ezoic Questions

Degree
My site was affected by the traffic drop that happened earlier this week. I went from 1k visits a day to 200. Whether it was caused by google running into some errors or it's a REAL drop, I decided to essentially go through the Kitchen Sink Method.

I've recently moved into reviewing my Ezoic ads. I've noticed that my desktop ads look balanced when it comes to placement and number of ads on the page.

Unfortunately mobile looks a little chaotic. One article had 14 ads and it's only a 1000 word article. Personally I think that is too many (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Soo...here are my questions:

1. What's the best method for applying ads to your site to improve site speed? i.e. Ezoic plugin, chrome extension, manual adding via html.

2. Are you using Mediation to connect Google Adsense? It's one of the check marks to increase your Ezoic level but is it worth it?

3. Native Ad Units - Did you add this feature when it was launched? Was it beneficial?

4. Max Ads Per Page - Are you using this setting? Have you found an optimal balance? I haven't turned this on but I think I'm going to for mobile.

5. Leap - Is it worth it? Did you have to disable things like WP-Rocket before enabling the settings?

If there are other questions that people have, feel free to post them as well as I'm sure there are others going through this process. I'll try to update the questions with summarized answers as well.

2. Are you using Mediation to connect Google Adsense? It's one of the check marks to increase your Ezoic level but is it worth it?
I can only really speak to this question. I recently switched to Ezoic from Adsense. It hasn't even been 30 days yet so things are still in flux, but I make more through mediation with Ezoic via Adsense than I used to make with just Adsense.

Results may vary but I am getting about a third of my total ad revenue from mediation. $40 out of $120 over the last seven days. I would recommend trying it out at least.

The number of ads you see on your site will be different from what your visitors see. I’ve had this conversation with Ezoic in the past, as I was also concerned. The algorithm decides how many ads to show each visitor, the number of ad placements on the page is irrelevant.

1. What's the best method for applying ads to your site to improve site speed? i.e. Ezoic plugin, chrome extension, manual adding via html.
Use the plugin to create them. Modify them as needed with the extension.

Yes, absolutely. Many days, mediation money beats premium money (at least until you hit level 3).

3. Native Ad Units - Did you add this feature when it was launched? Was it beneficial?
Yes, and it offered a significant boost (don't remember exact %).

4. Max Ads Per Page - Are you using this setting? Have you found an optimal balance? I haven't turned this on but I think I'm going to for mobile.
Never used it. Ezoic gets excessive with ads, but I've run some tests and they don't seem to impact my metrics (avg time on page, CTR to affiliate links, etc).

5. Leap - Is it worth it? Did you have to disable things like WP-Rocket before enabling the settings?
Annoyingly worth it. I couldn't get CWV to green w/o it using WP Rocket or Autoptimize. You do need to disable your other caching plugins, including WP Rocket.

Results may vary but I am getting about a third of my total ad revenue from mediation. $40 out of $120 over the last seven days. I would recommend trying it out at least.

Interesting - mediation is currently 23% of the ad revenue for me. I'm curious if it will increase once traffic goes back up.

Use the plugin to create them. Modify them as needed with the extension.
What if you already have ads created via the extension? Should you remove them and start over?

Annoyingly worth it. I couldn't get CWV to green w/o it using WP Rocket or Autoptimize. You do need to disable your other caching plugins, including WP Rocket.
Currently I'm using WPEngine which has caching built in and they have an integration setup with WPRocket to disable the caching portion of the app. I'm assuming I would need to just disable the caching portion of Leap if I did use it.

What if you already have ads created via the extension? Should you remove them and start over?
I created some manually the first time I tried to get Ezoic working. I used the plugin this time and it still showed my manually created ads as well. No issues combining the two as far as I can tell.

The plugin did put ads in weird spots on a few pages though, so I would recommend reviewing some of your top pages to make sure nothing funky happens. Some of the ads messed up my page formatting but it was easy enough to remove them with the extension for the individual pages.

Back