Expired Dropped Domains

Degree
Expired domains with good BL profiles.
Almost all the domains that have great profiles go into auctions.
Is that the only way to buy dropped domains? Auctions?

I know there there are many good expired domain resellers, but If I want to buy on my own, are drop catch /backorders the only way?
Do all the PBN domain sellers also pick up from auctions only?

If you are picking up domains for the back link profile only, how do you decide how much is worth it?

How does drop catch work. Some seemingly useless domains also start at 79 or 99 usd
Is that like a minimum fee?

Some domains are like 12 usd + renewal on godaddy and some start at 79 or something.
I am a bit confused with the fees

Some domains are like 12 usd + renewal on godaddy and some start at 79 or something.
I am a bit confused with the fees

$12 domains are deleted domains which can register through any registrar.
while $50+ are dropped domain which a previous registrar holds for a brief time to sell in auction.

Registered => Dropped => Deleted

How does drop catch work. Some seemingly useless domains also start at 79 or 99 usd
Is that like a minimum fee?
$x9 is usually the minimum fee for a backorder. If there are multiple interested buyers and a registrar manages to catch the domain, it enters auction. If only 1 interested buyer then you only pay minimum fee.

You can find expired/dropped domains on your own, by simply checking outgoing links from older sites.

You can do experiment with google searches and choose to see results that are 5+ years old. That will give you pages with links that are old, so the chance of broken links is much higher. You can then scrape those results and use some software like Screaming Frog to check all the links on the pages.

I've found several domains like this, rarely any with great backlinks, but depending on your country and your niche, the age and a few good links might really help you.

$12 domains are deleted domains which can register through any registrar.
while $50+ are dropped domain which a previous registrar holds for a brief time to sell in auction.
But why pay 12 usd + renewal when I can pay only 12 on any register if it is available. Was I stupid,. I have paid 12+10 for a few domains on godaddy as I was lazy to look around.

Registered => Dropped => Deleted
Registered means what?? Unless I buy from previous buyer, how I do i get registered domains?

You can find expired/dropped domains on your own, by simply checking outgoing links from older sites.

You can do experiment with google searches and choose to see results that are 5+ years old. That will give you pages with links that are old, so the chance of broken links is much higher. You can then scrape those results and use some software like Screaming Frog to check all the links on the pages.

I've found several domains like this, rarely any with great backlinks, but depending on your country and your niche, the age and a few good links might really help you.
I have done it but I am not getting any good domains by checking outgoing. Mostly ex pbns and spammed by chinese ones..

I have done it but I am not getting any good domains by checking outgoing. Mostly ex pbns and spammed by chinese ones..

It's not easy.

It's a big business. If you want to find some domains, you must be creative and look elsewhere than most people.

I just buy my domains from other people, pay an average of 300 usd for a domain with something like DR30, but I mostly look for relevance and individual links.

But why pay 12 usd + renewal when I can pay only 12 on any register if it is available. Was I stupid,. I have paid 12+10 for a few domains on godaddy as I was lazy to look around.

Registered means what?? Unless I buy from previous buyer, how I do i get registered domains?

You cannot get registered domain unless the owner is interested in selling. If you own the trademark then use legal ways. Otherwise illegal methods \s.

Domaining is multi-billion industry.
You can readup on domainsherpa etc about the current trends & statistics.

There is story on gaps/detailed about seo marketer who has set up is automated tool that filters out expiring domains with good metrics that could be backordered.

Yeah. It's quite complicated and extremely competitive, and takes a bit of experience.

I can only suggest to trust professionals. I know how to post comments and how to build sites on wordpress. But if i will be doing it myself, is it worth my time? Totally not, i'll better pay to pros and free my time to what i know better. The same way, colleagues come for domains to me. And then they can spend their time to something more productive than searching and hunting drops.

Back