Email Optin Plugin Wordpress

Degree
I spent the last 10 hours looking for an email optin plugin as a replacement for a pop-up I used to use.

Literally all I need is a Name and an Email field, a line of text above and easy integration with Convertkit, Sendy etc.

On first look their seem to be tons of options:
OptinMonster, Bloom, MailMunch, Icegram, Hustle, Popup Maker, Poptin, Jackmail, Mailchimp Popup, Sumo (SumoMe), GetSiteControl, Convertful, Optimonk, Supsystic, Yeloni, Hello bar, PopBox, Thrive Leads, AddThis, Sharethis, Shareaholic, Boxzilla, gravity forms, WPForms, Popupally, Popup Builder, WP Subscribe, Ninja Popups, Ninja Forms, Fancybox, wBounce etc.

But looking at them closely all of them are either:
  • Overpriced (I am not going to pay $30 a month for this)
  • Bloated with tons of ugly looking themes and unnecessary features
  • Lack customization options and focus on getting you to use one of their ugly presets
  • Developed by sketchy Indians with no history in the store

I am looking for something simple and light-weight that works inline as well as in the side bar.

i5XLUI7.png

I am using Converkit right now and I am honestly shocked about how a company generating millions of revenue can't even offer a decent customizable form. Eventually I'll switch over to Sendy so something that works with both would be cool.

Please help
I can't code my own

Yes, that's what I tried using, but their standard forms look horrible in the sidebar. Button overflows and fields aren't centered etc.

For the in-line one it's taking way too much space and instead of providing classes you could tweak with CSS, they ask you to "inspect source" and try and error until you find the right selector. Might be me, but I feel like there should be an easier option.

You can get a web developer on Fiverr (or even here) to edit the CSS/HTML just right for you. Cost you perhaps $5-20, and it's the official API from them, you are better off going with that than a 3rd party.

The reason there isn't a 3rd party for ConvertKit is because they already have a wordpress plugin - there would be no reason to create one - unless you don't have someone that can code handy...

You could try a form plugin (I like gravity forms @ $60/yr) that integrates with ConvertKit: https://www.gravityforms.com/community/convertkit-add-on/
There might be free options, not sure.

Just make a form and put it in the sidebar/footer wherever. In the config you add the ConvertKit addon and configure your form to pass data over.

I do this now with ActiveCampaign and it works great.

You can get a web developer on Fiverr (or even here) to edit the CSS/HTML just right for you. Cost you perhaps $5-20, and it's the official API from them, you are better off going with that than a 3rd party.

It's not like I don't know how to use CSS to customize something, the problem is that the form is really weirdly structured. Divs and containers are missing that should be there to "form" it etc.

The reason there isn't a 3rd party for ConvertKit is because they already have a wordpress plugin - there would be no reason to create one - unless you don't have someone that can code handy...

There are actually a lot, at least half of the options I mentioned above offer a specific Convert Kit integration.

You could try a form plugin (I like gravity forms @ $60/yr) that integrates with ConvertKit: https://www.gravityforms.com/community/convertkit-add-on/

I'll look into, thanks for the recommendation!

It's not like I don't know how to use CSS to customize something, the problem is that the form is really weirdly structured. Divs and containers are missing that should be there to "form" it etc.

Wrap this form in a div with your own class, then use !important when defining all of the form elements. If there are css rules that are cascading over your changes, the !important will stop that making editing and debugging the css easier.

ex) .your-form-container input{padding:20px!important}

Back