Ebay Stores.. who's running one/more?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Just wondering.

Anyone here running an eBay store?

Just wondering if anyone's had a fun go at it.

I was wondering if people sell these much to others

I run my own eBay store and also do some consulting for a couple companies doing over $100k/mo in revenue on the bay. Happy to answer any questions the best I can. One thing I will say is that the "Promoted Listings" feature of eBay has tremendous ROI.

I run my own eBay store and also do some consulting for a couple companies doing over $100k/mo in revenue on the bay. Happy to answer any questions the best I can. One thing I will say is that the "Promoted Listings" feature of eBay has tremendous ROI.

Thanks for the response. Brace yourself for my questions LoL

I have a store. I'm doing $$$ in sales daily.

I'm trying to add inventory daily and get to the point I'm importing most everything, cutting costs to minimum. Then i want to move operations to an office.

My question. How do you find the right product to sell with volume?

I'd say i get 1 in 7/8 product to do daily sales. I definitely use promoted listings , which I also wonder.... is there 'average' a valuable indicator to top the listings with a little over the top or is it more of a midway point

Yeah, where are you guys purchasing your products and how expensive are your products?

Every now and then I get a sale on eBay. Just purchasing cheap stuff from Goodwill and flipping it on eBay. The money is not worth my time, but I find it enjoyable. I would like to get into higher volume/profit products though.

I use a eBay account from 1997 with a 100% rating with 2900 feedbacks, so my account is in very good standings. I don't want to sell stuff that will kill my rating, but most things I find on AliExpress are garbage. Maybe I am not looking in the right area?

Yeah, where are you guys purchasing your products and how expensive are your products?

Every now and then I get a sale on eBay. Just purchasing cheap stuff from Goodwill and flipping it on eBay. The money is not worth my time, but I find it enjoyable. I would like to get into higher volume/profit products though.

I use a eBay account from 1997 with a 100% rating with 2900 feedbacks, so my account is in very good standings. I don't want to sell stuff that will kill my rating, but most things I find on AliExpress are garbage. Maybe I am not looking in the right area?

1 phrase. drop ship.

aliexpress.com .. everything is there.. most product in store in Walmart come from those same suppliers so the quality isn't all bad as you think.

Let people do the work for you until you get enough volume to buy large quantities, further dropping price, and shipping yourself. Even then, most product to me is still better to just drop ship.

The items $15+ profit for me are rare but when hot... very motivating.

The real key is finding a great source to know what's hot / selling from the Aliexpress people.

That 1997 account is amzing!

For my own shop, I am very lucky to live in an apartment complex with a lot of rich Asian foreigner students who come here, buy tons of luxury products, then throw them all away when they leave. I get my inventory for free from people moving out of my building and I sell it on my eBay account to stay up to date with it and because it's a fun hobby for me. I did $20k in revenue from this in 2018 with $0 COGS. I used to do garage sales and thrift stores before this goldmine fell on my lap, did ~$5k in revenue per year with that. It's fun, but not enough to be a legit business.

One of my clients is a pawn shop so they get their inventory from local people selling them stuff. My other client buys totaled cars and used cars then strips them down to each individual component/part and sells the parts. The car angle is by far the highest ROI if you have those mechanical skills. With car parts, you need a huge inventory catalog to build up consistent cash flow from it.

To source inventory at scale you'll need a bit of a bankroll. I'd look into buying out inventory of brick and mortar companies going out of business. Some people also buy returned items in bulk from Amazon or big retailers like Wal Mart. Not sure where you look to find those connections though because I think they use 3rd party companies to handle that.

sounds quite lucky. $20k from freebies is nice.

I am crushing ebay at the moment with a high ROI product but I know i need to transition to something else b/c it's a trend. It will be small shrimp product i know once this wave rides out

And just like that, down goes Frazier.

So my ebay store was earning $$$$ weekly and volume increasing rapidly since launch in December.

I had 1 product that was so hot, I had multiple listings promoted to top of ebay and search........ I bought the domain for this product and launched a store. Started FB ads, made sales off that too.

Then PAYPAL FROZE ME.... .
I can't refund orders of peopel who's money was already taken out of account. I basically lost my deal on 'quantity purchased' b/c i could no longer purchase the same amount, losing my paypal mid-deal. Had to refund $,$$$ in orders.

So. I'm selling it all now if I can to just focus on the next venture. First time i've been locked out of a paypal but far from my first account. The account frozen had 8 years, thousands of revenue transactions, no problem. Still...... "high risk" department decided to freeze me.

If I get the site moving, i may not sell it but i'm looking for money to stabilize myself again. This was the first thing I had since 2018 that looked good as an opportunity. Tough luck but at least I got this far I guess.

You just have to keep a larger float in the account based on what you're earning. You can't withdraw it all immediately or there won't be refund money available, which is what makes it high risk for Paypal. If you can keep a rolling 15%-25% in there, you'd be fine. I understand you may need it for inventory but it's better to reorder 75% stock than 0% stock.

So did they freeze the current funds and are making you wait to receive it, or did they freeze the account as a whole so you can no longer perform any transactions? Most of the time they just force you into a rolling 3 month period or whatever where you can't withdraw money from each transaction until 90 days has passed since that transaction.

Paypal did that same nonsense to me back in 2012 or 2013. It’s why I no longer accept paypal for anything. Was doing high numbers, no refunds nor disputes, then suddenly frozen with the money in the account. I was able to get it un-frozen and refund everyone though, then get customers re-ordering through a different payment method, but was a total mess. After that I never accepted paypal ever again - Period. That’s not how proper merchant processing is done - they are pretending to be a pseudo bank with their own rules - ones that seem to be made up on a whim.

You just have to keep a larger float in the account based on what you're earning. You can't withdraw it all immediately or there won't be refund money available, which is what makes it high risk for Paypal. If you can keep a rolling 15%-25% in there, you'd be fine. I understand you may need it for inventory but it's better to reorder 75% stock than 0% stock.

So did they freeze the current funds and are making you wait to receive it, or did they freeze the account as a whole so you can no longer perform any transactions? Most of the time they just force you into a rolling 3 month period or whatever where you can't withdraw money from each transaction until 90 days has passed since that transaction.

They Totally closed my account. Which is nuts. PP initially said it was a hold until I provided copies of ID/SSNCard/Orders/Vendor info........................ Gave them that, then High Risk called me and said they're closing it anyway. The account I had is 7-8 years old with great history. I had a lot of money roll through it over the years. More than they terminated the account for. However, the volume potential i was doing + website launched, was looking pretty beastly.

I'm focused on site sales now . Sad though b/c I had a lot of plans building to transition smoothly into various product offers.

Paypal did that same nonsense to me back in 2012 or 2013. It’s why I no longer accept paypal for anything. Was doing high numbers, no refunds nor disputes, then suddenly frozen with the money in the account. I was able to get it un-frozen and refund everyone though, then get customers re-ordering through a different payment method, but was a total mess. After that I never accepted paypal ever again - Period. That’s not how proper merchant processing is done - they are pretending to be a pseudo bank with their own rules - ones that seem to be made up on a whim.

Trying out Stripe now... But i'm noticing, no sales are actually processing. Wondering if I"m doing it wrong or if people just don't trust the little pop up box

I told PP and recorded the convo, since they are commandering the account, they are responsible for orders at this point. I made them aware their decision alters my wholesale business arrangements and they own responsibility for everything with the account now. Clearly made them aware there was not enough money in the account to cover all the refunds and since I could do nothing about that, the responsibility is on paypal for their decision, I no longer own the account. They blocked me from any functions, which is crazy.

Since my latest shipment had not reached me yet (but will this week), I'm going to use it to help fuel site growth. Insane situation but Paypal really cares 0 about customers or vendors.

Last edited:
Back