Easy to Use Screen Recorder?

Degree
I'm looking for recommendations for easy to use screen recording software to make SaaS product tutorials. Zero video editing experience and don't want it to take over my life, just something to record tutorials and add voiceovers after without a steep learning curve or large cost. Suggestions please.

Are you on Windows or Mac?

On a Mac the most dead easy way to do a screen recording is with the free and included Quicktime Player. You can do a screen recording which also captures your mic (webcam or otherwise) so you can narrate, too, if you want.

@CCarter turned me on to ScreenFlow as a means to capture screen recordings and also edit them right in the same system. It's not the fanciest thing around but it gets the job done better than something like iMovie (also free and included on a Mac).

I use ( Im on a mac )

Shift + Command + 5 = video recorder ( not sure the name )
OBS
Divinci Resolve

I have Final Cut Pro and Loom, and have used ScreenFlow many times as well.

Windows user here. I'll check OBS, looks promising. Cheers

There are several to choose from;
-OBS (steep learning curve)
-Camtasia
-Davinci Resolve
-screencastomatic
-Windows Movie Maker
-etc...

There are several to choose from.... each one has a learning curve. EASIEST is Screencast-omatic.

If you are shooting for product tutorials, you could even use Sony Vegas.

It's been mentioned here several times, but I only use OBS when screen recording.

I use OBS. Their Noise Suppression filter is very good.

For basic Video Editing, Filmora is enough. Beginner friendly

Loom is a good option.

Old version of "iSpringFreeCam" windows software is good too(last time I checked, their new version sucks). Right after finishing recording, it lets you cut video parts, noise cancellation edit, and audio mute options where you want.

+1 for Screen Cast O Matic
Been using it for basic screenshot, youtube, and related editing stuff for years...newbie friendly.
Looks like they just rebranded themselves to ScreenPal

Back