Double Bluff Negative SEO

Degree
Has anyone tried this on big client or brand

ok, lets say youve been trying your best to rank your important client... you just cant seem to reach the top spots...

Could you fool Google, into throwing a whole load of crap spam to the site, to give the impression of a negative seo attack...

and as seen with many negative seo attempts on well established aged sites, it will actually boost the site...

in effect you are double bluffing??

Thoughts?

All depends on the age and authority of the site you point it at.

I have seen cases where people try to neg a 10 year old domain with strong government backlinks using 3mil backlinks in a month. Site still standing strong 6 mos later.

Other new sites get tanked overnight.

Sounds like Russian roulette. But feel free to try it out and let us know how it goes! :wink: LOL jk

The question to ask is, if it's a big enough client/brand, do they have a legal department that won't even think twice about taking you to court and suing you into bankruptcy? In the past 2 years I've had several clients that were major national and international brands, that were in penalty as a result of former SEO's that built tons of low quality, spammy links. Some people, suffice to say, are too incompetent to be allowed to have access to GSA, Xrumer, or whatever. Kind of like giving a child a 1,300rpm Micro Uzi; it's not gonna be pretty.

Considering the significant loss of revenue as a result of the penalties, yeah, every single one of those SEO's were sued. Regardless of how those cases ever turn out, you can bet those SEOs can't afford it. Something to consider before rolling those dice.

Dude, seems risky to me. I'd opt for a few supercharged links over a double bluff like this. Only reason being that there is no way to predict how it'll work AND its for a client. If it was your own site I'd say go for it and let us know. But if you super tank a client and get them slapped, good luck repairing your rep.
Out of curiosity, where are you sitting in the serps for them?

Go sign up for Serpwoo and reverse engineer the SERPs you're having trouble with. Figure out what the ranking competitor pages have that you don't. Whether it's social links, backlinks, or whatever. Also, keep in mind the option of focusing some efforts on ranking parasite pages. Some SERPs might be too competitive, and the gap far too wide to close easily or in a timely manner (if they have a TON of backlinks and social links over you), so maybe it might be worth ranking a YouTube video instead (hopefully your client already has some). Just some ideas to consider.

*edited to add*

Also, if we're talking about a reputable brand here, don't just think of "parasite pages" as spammy Blogspot type stuff. If you want something legitimate that won't look fishy, there are plenty of good quality ways to go down this route. It could be a Wikipedia page for your brand, or Crunchbase, or any other number of relevant pages from high authority sites.

I also also clarify that I love this because it's a pretty unique and totally badass idea and something I'd be really curious to see tried... but not something I'd have the balls to do on any of my own projects.

I won't go too much into detail here, but just the following: what kind of SERVICE are ONLY SEOs using? Think about it... build a shitload of links and use this service as unnatural as it can get... and honestly spoken, this is proven to work for me.

PS: I won't out what this is all about, but if you think twice what spammers use, you'll get it. Not feeling like outing a really devil way of doing NEG seo on a public forum, sorry guys. A bit of research to do on your own :smile:

I won't go too much into detail here, but just the following: what kind of SERVICE are ONLY SEOs using? Think about it... build a shitload of links and use this service as unnatural as it can get... and honestly spoken, this is proven to work for me.

PS: I won't out what this is all about, but if you think twice what spammers use, you'll get it. Not feeling like outing a really devil way of doing NEG seo on a public forum, sorry guys. A bit of research to do on your own :smile:

I gotta say... TheSeo1 is right about this...

but...

as I looked above I have noticed another comment that I want to clear up to a few people. SERPWoo is baller. Though even when you KNOW what you need to succeed it doesn't always mean you have the resources to go about following through.

There are just some niches that will be bastards purely because of the big boys sitting on top with too much authority to be dethroned.

That being said - find WHERE you can win and then go that direction full steam ahead. If you can't win at head terms then scoop up longtails. If you can't win at SEO then get crafty and find where there already is traffic and leak it to your site.

I don't understand how many people don't do BOTH at the same time. I pair traffic leaking and SEO all the time. If you're traffic leaking right you're not only going to be getting TRAFFIC, but you'll also be getting some very nice niche relevant links.

Good luck James, but I don't think that's the right idea.

Back