Does changing your WordPress theme have an affect on your SEO?

Degree
Hi Guys,

I'm currently looking to increase my conversion rate with a huge overhaul of my affiliate site.

Before I do this, I just wanted to know the impact of doing so.

Things that are remaning the same will be:

- URL Structure
- Content

I'm looking to use Divi, as I like the ability of being able to use the page builder inside posts.

Let me your guys thoughts!

Degree
Yes, changing the HTML, the CSS, the JS, and everything else can have an effect on your rankings. Google will have to take the time to re-render your pages, re-read your pages, understand the new HTML structure, and then comprehend the content itself. It should notice that the content hasn't changed, but I would still expect to see a shake-up that could last up to 3 months.

Degree
of course it will have an effect for reasons already stated, but if you're migrating to a lighter weight theme, it's a positive afaic.

Degree
Change Busolightning3.1 to Thrive Theme, Adsense RPM increase 30+

Degree
Would recommend also paying attention to how mobile friendly the Wordpress theme is. Being SEO friendly on desktop isn't enough these days.

Degree
Change Busolightning3.1 to Thrive Theme, Adsense RPM increase 30+
was considering Thrive Theme for a project, do you need to keep paying the continuous subscription to use it? or can i just pay for 1 month, cancel, and get it? how do you like it?

Degree
@pluto
Thrive Theme free for me, actually, I never spent 1 cent on Wordpress themes and plugins