Does answering PAA questions in social generate traffic?

Degree
So people are using TikTok as a search engine now. My idea is to find people also ask queries for my niche and instead of writing a blog post for the query I’ll read a script answering the question and upload it to social media like how Matt cutts does webmaster questions.

Anyone have feedback on this idea? Might be a good way to “retool” my content team to new channels. Validation from someone already doing it would be great.

Gonna use Garry V social media ops that someone posted here.

------

I did some research and this won't be good for YouTube. 30 minute shows that cover the topic indepth are much better than long tail focused videos.

You can splice the 30 minute show into shorts to promote the video on shorts.

I did some research and this won't be good for YouTube. 30 minute shows that cover the topic indepth are much better than long tail focused videos.
I would venture to say this is incorrect. People make great progress doing "search based channels" and even better when they mix that in as part of their overall strategy while also pursuing "browse based traffic". Even a 2-3 minute video that directly deals with the specific question will have immaculate metrics that'll help it rank in YouTube and in Google.

I'm not suggesting that traffic will end up on your website, if that's the goal. But it'll end up on your brand, on whatever platform, and if the person is really hot and looking for the solution you provide, it could produce a conversion, if not just some ad revenue. Ultimately I'm saying that this approach would work on all platforms but likely the best on YouTube, not the worst, due to the SERP real estate it would get (which I assume is the goal since you mentioned People Also Ask).

The danger here is you risk falling back into the "volume game for the sake of SERP exposure" which is what got everyone in the position we find ourselves in. I think, when we shift our emphasis to the people and not to the bots and SERPs, that quality will reign supreme over quantity (but of course quantity of quality will be needed).

The danger here is you risk falling back into the "volume game for the sake of SERP exposure" which is what got everyone in the position we find ourselves in. I think, when we shift our emphasis to the people and not to the bots and SERPs, that quality will reign supreme over quantity (but of course quantity of quality will be needed).

Yeah.

My strategy in whatever I did going forward would be to create the best possible quality, so that it would be self sustaining for a significant time, then work hardcore on squeezing out every last cent of those views, be in on website or youtube.

Going hard in creating very high quality content also deters the competition.

Back