Does Amazon care what % of commissions come from product links?

Nat

Degree
Right now the vast majority of the sales I've made with Amazon links have ended up ordering different items. About 5% of my sales have puchased items listed on my site. From doing some quick research, this is really low. Is Amazon going to get pissy about this?

Nope. You'll be just fine. Just keeping sending people to amazon when they are in a buying mood and amazon will be happy to give you a commission.

Right now the vast majority of the sales I've made with Amazon links have ended up ordering different items. About 5% of my sales have puchased items listed on my site. From doing some quick research, this is really low. Is Amazon going to get pissy about this?

Amazon doesn't care but it sounds like there could be improvement on your site with the content and products targeting your audience.

They don't care until you start doing insane numbers of sales. There have been lots of people and sites with their accounts given "custom" (aka lower) commission tiers due to this.

Seems like you have a content problem man.

Ryuzaki, what would you consider an insane number of sales then?

~10,000 items a month OR some money threshold, maybe $10,000 a month. I honestly can't say as I've never been given a custom commission rate. But from the context of where people were talking about it, I'd guess it's in that range. Of course, this is only for people sending crap traffic, which comes off as an arbitrage attempt.

~10,000 items a month OR some money threshold, maybe $10,000 a month. I honestly can't say as I've never been given a custom commission rate. But from the context of where people were talking about it, I'd guess it's in that range. Of course, this is only for people sending crap traffic, which comes off as an arbitrage attempt.
Have you ever heard of anyone getting a custom rate which was higher than normal? I never have and could only see it happening if the site has a genuine alternative with higher commission. I'm sure it happens but I've never seen proof or anyone claiming to have higher rates

Have you ever heard of anyone getting a custom rate which was higher than normal?

No, I haven't. It'd be cool to know it existed. It'd be something great to work towards.

No, I haven't. It'd be cool to know it existed. It'd be something great to work towards.

Really wish I could PM you or post elsewhere. Have some questions about your theme that I'm trying to figure out.

Definitely not at the 10,000/month mark, but found a couple of niches that should be profitable soonish.

Are you guys putting amazon affiliate disclosures on every page? Or just in the TOS/Privacy Policy?

You should be able to PM now that I just gave you a 3rd like.

Are you guys putting amazon affiliate disclosures on every page? Or just in the TOS/Privacy Policy?

Just TOS/Privacy, but link to those sitewide.

Back