Do you use both SEO and PPC in your sites?

Degree
After some very good feedback direct and non direct I am on a path now so thanks everyone.

I am using the KGR Avalanche technique in a niche I was in years ago so now finally got the balls to build again.

In time I will get involved with PPC once my finances allow

Anyway, with those here who post a great deal about SEO and their projects are you using PPC at all or most dedicated to SEO?

If so, why is that?

do you prefer to content market over pay for traffic or combine both into a authority site in time?

We do mostly SEO as SE traffic accounts for 60% of our revenue and traffic. We do PPC only with Bing and Google but, as Google banned the industry that our flagship product is in earlier in the year, we only advertise our secondary products with Google AdWords now, which is a huge bummer. Therefore, PPC is a small part of our overall marketing strategy and it's mostly due to the industry we're in.

Thanks Philip. Really interesting to hear an insight into your strategy.

Such a shame Google banned your product industry.

I have just started looking at FB Ads Manager again as I looked months ago and I am sure they make it much more complicated to navigate than it could be.

I work in IT support as the day job and deal with a good amount of software but these big platforms seem to over complicate things.

Anyway, thanks for your reply indeed

I've tried for a year to be profitable and until recently was failing, but now I cracked the code, with enhanced tracking and so far I'm seeing 200-500% ROAS on my campaigns, which are limited by design, so fairly small numbers.

You can try to implement both channels with one strategy. For example - do a very depth keyword research - volume, CPC, keyword density, and choose 10-15-20 to start with. Then, go after each keyword to check its search intent, search for them in every target market you have. Start working with SEO over the easier keywords, but start doing PPC for the keywords where the top 3 results tend to be strong, authority sites. By the time, you may see increasing metrics.

Thanks very much Nikolaykrastev, really great to here your thoughts and a strategy.

I have started on the Avalanche technique in combination with Serpwoo so on a path now which should have been a long time ago.

I don't know about anyone else but I find the research really invigorating

Thanks again very much

seo to get traffic, ppc to get emails and sales funnels
but seo always win in my opinion

Thanks Joe
Im loving keyword research and back in a niche I was in before Penguin and kicking myself I didnt go back to SEO years ago, I was not in the right mindset.

Then later on, PPC as you say. Thankyou. Great to hear your thoughts mate

PPC is much easier in my opinion than SEO, mainly because there is no time lag and you can CONTROL EVERYTHING! By everything, I mean down to the device, day of week, hour of day, city, etc..

A few cases where you should be using PPC:

- E-commerce sites with plenty of products are probably not going to rank for every single product, so they should do PPC for high AOV products that are not ranking

- Google Shopping takes over Google's front page for a lot of products so even if you are ranking for your product, it might still be a good idea to show that product in the shopping feed. More eyeballs - higher chance of people buying/clicking on your product.

- Let's say you run a service business. Are you going to rank for every single service you offer? Hopefully yes, but most probably not. It would be best to bid on the service you know has high returns. Since you are paying for the ads - you get to see all the metrics like CPC, Conv. Rate, Conv. Value, etc.. When you are doing PPC, you are actually paying for data. Data that you should be able to translate into actionable insights.

- What about everyone who comes to your website and leaves? Are you going to wait until they Google you again? Why not run retargeting campaigns (which are considered PPC) to get them back? You would be losing them otherwise if you don't keep your business on top of mind with them

I can go on but I think I made my point

PPC is a good way to get immediate traffic and see if it works for your purpose. If you have success you can build seo campaigns around it.

Back