Do you have to look for long tail keywords when writing posts on a website?

Degree
I have had a website for two years now, I am always looking for hunting long-tail keywords, I want to know if I can have traffic if I use long-tail keywords, or I can succeed with posts without looking for keywords.

For example, does anyone have experience writing posts without finding low keywords? Specifically, if I choose posts where everyone is looking for answers from readers, how, why, when, and the like.

Is it better to write 2 posts a week with long-tail keywords, or 7 posts without choosing keywords?
Please answer me someone who has experience on this topic.

Let me ask you this. Let's say you're trying to sell something... Hot Dogs at a baseball stadium. You're walking around with your tray of hot dogs. One half of the stadium is jam packed full of people. The other half of the stadium has nobody in it.

Is it worth it to walk around the side of the stadium with nobody in it for 7 hours or better to walk around the side that you can see has people in it for 2 hours? Which is going to make more money?

You can piss into the wind for years if you want, writing posts for non-existent keywords. You'll get some minuscule amount of traffic, but not as much as if you just do it the way everyone discovered and has been sharing with each other for like 25 years now.

Because while you think "these keywords have no competition, I'll end up being the site that get surfaced when someone searches it", the fatal flaw in that thinking is that just because Google is trying to rank topically instead of based on keywords doesn't mean you'll be the one to show up. There's a million other sites with more backlinks and more content than you.

You're not going to win by not competing, and if you're scared of competing you might as well hang up your hat right now. The real money is where all the competition is. You have a better chance of taking an under-served slice of a giant pie than getting a slice of a non-existent pie.

You need lots of topical content. Write content, you can use keyword clustering tools to help you figure things out. Even if it has 0 searches include it. Even if it doesn't appear in a keyword tool but you know the topic makes sense, make a page about it.

If it’s in auto complete include it. Google is actively driving display traffic. Why argue.

You need lots of topical content. Write content, you can use keyword clustering tools to help you figure things out. Even if it has 0 searches include it. Even if it doesn't appear in a keyword tool but you know the topic makes sense, make a page about it.
Thanks for the reply. In fact, for 2 months I tried to write 2 posts every day without looking for keywords. Before that, I wrote 2 posts a week finding keywords. I noticed that my impressions grew these 2 months, and traffic also by 50%. That's why I asked the keyword question. Are these 2 months just a coincidence or not?

Thanks for the reply. In fact, for 2 months I tried to write 2 posts every day without looking for keywords. Before that, I wrote 2 posts a week finding keywords. I noticed that my impressions grew these 2 months, and traffic also by 50%. That's why I asked the keyword question. Are these 2 months just a coincidence or not?
Well done! How much traffic are you getting now?

Back