Do you feel like time passes faster as you've gotten older & with goals?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree

I mean, I just look at the date I joined this forum. I can't believe it was 6 years ago. It really blew me back for a second to realize, I've been on BUSO for 6 years.

Some of you have been on here for 8 I believe. Maybe more.

So many changes to life. So much ambition I feel i miss appreciating moments that were great. I really feel like I have to slow myself down to smell the roses.

What do you all do to celebrate your 'wins' ? What do you do to slow down and appreciate real life?

just wondering.

What do you do to slow down and appreciate real life?

1. Go back and do the things you enjoyed doing as a kid. Go to places you enjoyed as a kid.

2. Then, once done. Pick up a couple of new "old dude" hobbies like gardening or smoking a cigar. Maybe learn to blacksmith. But find something that is "old dude-ish" that interests you and then do it.

There's a reason, the old dudes do them.

What do you all do to celebrate your 'wins' ?

I vacation.

I use to buy stuff instead. Materialism gets old, fast.. and then you have to upkeep it and store it. Over time you realize you never even use it or do anything with it anymore.

So I replaced materialism with travel and vacations. Even if it's just sometimes traveling to new areas within my state I've never been to try things I've never done.

and then you have to upkeep it and store it. Over time you realize you never even use it or do anything with it anymore.
That line touched me. I have storages in 3 countries My storage in the US for the last like 7 years has been ridiculous. I need to sell it all.

They say the reason we all feel like time passes faster as we get older is because when we were 12 years old, 1 year was only 1/12th of our lives. But as we hit 40 it's only 1/40th. Who knows if that's the true reason but I remember it.

It's probably got more to do with gaining more experiences and losing the sense of wonder and magic, as well as falling into routines.

I love my routines. It's where I'm at my best. I'm most productive and content, even if it means I'm crazy busy. But I try to carve out a few hours every night for myself to look at forums with a movie playing on the screen, or to have dinner with someone, etc. I'm trying to say "yes" to more and more events too, which are often spontaneous. I just went to my 20th high school reunion which was an absolute blast and I'm glad I didn't skip out.

I feel like, for me, I can only say "yes" more as I achieve a higher cash flow with more automation and delegation. It's hard to get to that point too, because setting all that up means not getting the work done in the routine.

A lot of it has become simply deciding what's important and not stressing out about the other things. A lot of my beloved activities have had to fall to the wayside, or I let them come in waves. I didn't play video games for about 20 years and now I've had fun picking away at a game or two here there. I don't read like I used to. I don't get in as much exercise as I used to, which I'm working on.

Slowing down is hard because a lot of what we do are real responsibilities, and as we hire people their ability to live their lives can depend upon us taking care of our parts, too. I still, after all these years, have a hard time finding balance, and to be frank I don't want a balance. I want to work like a madman now so later on I can let it all go and be completely free, and I don't mean "retired" free but offensively wealthy free.

I don't think age is why you feel time is going faster/slower. It's what you are doing in your daily life and your routines that dictate that. If you are lounging all day, then time is gonna pass slow. If you are working hard on something you love - time will pass fast. If you vacationing with friends, time will pass fast (unless you take a wrong train/plane and end up in a different country lol).

I think it's all in your head. When I was a kid - time went by quick at times and other times, it was really slow. It just depends on what I was doing and what situation I was in.

At the end of the day, enjoy your time as much as possible and try to be happy. If you are not happy, figure out what is making you unhappy and fix it or change it. I have seen barista's/construction workers that are much happier than rich ass clients I've worked with.

Do what makes you happy and don't worry what others think. Your time on this earth will be much more enjoyable and you wouldn't care if it passes slow or fast.

What do you all do to celebrate your 'wins' ? What do you do to slow down and appreciate real life?

I celebrate with "experiences" AKA go and do something outside/vacation/spend time with family, etc.. Maybe even learn a skill that you always wanted to do (like riding motorcycle, flying a plane, surfing, ballet, idk..)

Buying stuff you always wanted is good too, but eventually you will get bored of materials. Experiences create memories (hopefully great ones) that you will cherish for the rest of your life. You will never be able to buy a "thing" that will replicate fun time & experiences with friends or family.

Yes, it's because when your younger you don't have a memory bank of experiences to determine how fast time has passed. When you get older you have a better understanding of the external clock.

Back