Do High Priced Items on Amazon Ever Ship? I've Never Been Given Credit For Them

Degree
I have a site targeting high priced item with Amazon Associates. I get a majority of sales in the $100 - $300 range and they always ship, no problem. I get some returns and all of that as expected. But in the 2 years of this site, I've sold probably around 15-20 items that range from $2500 - $4000, and not a single one of them has ever shipped and given me commission. It's not that they ship and then get canceled or returned. They're never shown as shipped.

I'm starting to get suspicious. At first I assumed that people who couldn't afford it were buying it and then canceling later after getting nervous. Maybe their wives find out, whatever. But at this point it's starting to feel like Amazon simply refuses to pay out $200 in commission on one item.

Has anyone had any experience on Amazon with items in the $2500 - $5000 range?

I know how you feel.

I have had quite a lot of high ticket items either disappear several hours after appearing on the sales page or simply never ship. The latest was a $3300 TV that didn't ship.

Having said that, I have had quite a few items in that price range ship.

I don't know why it happens but it is a bit soul destroying when they don't ship or disappear.

Its both sides for me.

I has a $5k TV that shipped and earned commission December last year. At the opposite end , i got a $4k order August this year that never shipped. Was heartbreaking as i would have earned $300+ on that sale alone.

A while back someone bought $2500 Rolex watch giving me ~$200 commission but a month later it was returned.

I guess it's the nature of a certain part of my niche, but I came to realize a lot of assholes are using Amazon's generous return policy to rent expensive stuff. It drives me up the wall, but what can you do. We just have to get more and more sales.

Regarding expensive items, I've noticed a lot of it too. Probably 9 out of every 10 of my expensive items in the $2k+ range either don't ship (canceled or not given commission) or get returned.

Have any of you asked Amazon about it? Some of it will be like Ryu mentioned and a good portion is likely credit card scams, but 9 out of 10?

Samwise89 said:
I'm starting to get suspicious (...)
If there is any payment issue, shipping will be held up.

And they are not charging card/processing payment until order is ready for shipping.

Fact is they doesn't even attempt to ship most orders on the day they are made;
only digital downloads, express shipping & Prime clients should get first on the queues.

Back