Diversifying from Google & Diversifying income streams

Degree
We all know relying on one thing for your bread and butter is bad. This is both at the channel level (Google search) and cash flow statement level (having only one income source). This thread is to discuss other ways of obtaining revenue, be it from different channels or totally different endeavors. It has been stated on this forum many times before, but putting this in one thread should be helpful :smile:

Background
  1. I have a productized service that's promoted with content marketing at the moment and we have an MVP for an API.
  2. We have a content marketing team that produces amazing content.
  3. We have a link builder.
  4. I know SEO and link building and content marketing well.
Diversification methods
  1. I'm pitching to Angels and VCs who have invested in other travel tech companies. My pitch is that my B2B travel API can serve as an ancillary revenue stream for their travel app. So, during checkout, they can add my product as an add-on. The profit margin is $60 and we can give them a cut of that. The benefit to the investor is that they get a cut of the commission for the travel app, as well as a cut of our profits, as they'd be an owner here too. This way, we get B2B sales via the API. It can turn our whole company around as I see other companies in my niche getting 1,000,000 visitors/month from B2B deals.
  2. I'm going to talk to my content marketing team today about taking on external clients. The team has 12 members. It seems like certain industries are always looking for good content. We can create a portfolio site and some sample articles, and then pitch our service to them. Right now, internally, it takes 5 hours to write an article and costs us $15. I see writing jobs at $50/hour so there'd be a profit margin here. It'll be great if we can add B2B agency work to our cash flow statement.
  3. I also see ads for link builders all the time. These are like PBN pros or whatever. I have an interview in 12 hours for an iGaming company already. If they sign a contract with my LLC, I can be an agency and have one of my guys do the work here, after I train him. Another cash flow method and the link builder can turn into a link building team.
  4. I see constant SEO ads for freelancers. I can pitch our service to them w/ my CV and train my team to do the work. I've been the client of so many SEO agencies when I was an in-house SEO that I can do the client manager role myself. We'd show them their problems w/ an audit (that they paid for) and then present them solutions. I am certain I can bring them good results and have them renew the contract year after year. IMO the biggest issue is that, if you raise the price, people get upset, It's just better to cut costs internally while keeping prices level. That way, we don't rock the boat.
  5. We're going to change our API in Q4 to be able to make an affiliate program that works well. I see a competitor with 1,000 affilaite signups. We can saturate the niche with outreach to get signups. We'll piggy back off of the partner's traffic then.
  6. We'll also make a subscription in Q4 or Q1 2025 and pitch the subscription during checkout to our customers. If we can get recurring B2C sales, that'll be awesome!
  7. We're trying to find a company who has a Google Certificate to run AdWords in our niche to partner up to do AdWords. You need certification to run ads in this niche and it'll be nice to get to do this.
  8. We're researching blackhat churn and burn AdWords account so that we can set up the data for the AdWords partnership account now. Hopefully this will generate income too.
If we get all of this off the ground, my company will be fucking awesome in 5 years :smile:

What about you? What pivots do you have or are thinking about? We really need to get this forum further than flipping Amazon Affiliate review sites :smile: It seems like that train is about to die :smile:

I see land. Not all of our product lines are banned. One is allowed and I ran ads today and got my first sale. $105 in revenue for $20 in ad spend. It’s a three quantity order so it’s not normal but I feel a huge sense of relief.

We’re also asking for gov authorization too. Waiting for reply. If rejected they will tell us and we can re apply.

I think next task is for CPO to figure out new products to sell.

Might not need to sell houses at all at this rate. Might not need an investor at all either. Holy shit. I might just be able to do this!

Back