Did you mean: Spelling Correction & Branding

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
A question, I am looking at a brand name that plays on a verb. The structure following this example:
Verb: eating
Brand name: eatingly.com

Here is the thing, when I do a search for this term in Google, it is returning the Did you mean: spelling suggestion. ie: https://www.google.com/search?q=eatingly

What I don't want to do is build a brand that when searched for by name asks if people meant to type something else, or worse automatically shows them results for the "correctly spelled" term. The ideal situation would be Google recognizing the brand name and removing the Did you mean: correction.

Any insight?

I wouldn't worry about it, I think once you've shown enough brand signals it might be possible to have Google recognize that spelling as your brand.

In any case, let's be real, unless you're pushing millions of visitors a month I don't think people typing in your actual brand name is going to be a real needle-mover, imo. But it depends on how you're marketing and what kind of business you're building so YMMV.

I agree with Romac. When you're a brand in Google's eyes, that will disappear.

My current site I'm pouring my blood, sweat, and tears into has all of the proper signals built in. It's two words, and when they are typed in as one unified word, I get the goodness that I'd expect so far. When they are typed in as two separate words, I still rank but not #1.

All in due time. It definitely helps to do something like you're talking about, where it's a made up word, versus my situation.

Back