Did Gutenberg 7.7 break your site?

mikey3times

BuSo Pro
Degree
I just tried to upgrade Gutenberg to 7.7 and (I think) it completely broke my site. I also made a few other plugin updates at the same time so I'll have to test a few things one-at-a-time to figure this out.

Thank god I actually followed common advice (which I don't always follow) and made a backup before I updated..

Let this be a reminder to you all that backups are essential and that you need to test your sites after you update plugins.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
@mikey3times, Is there a reason you're using the Gutenberg plugin rather than the version that's in the versions of Wordpress now? I'm aware that the plugin is several versions ahead, but I assumed that it's less stable and the testing grounds for the built-in version.

mikey3times

BuSo Pro
Degree
What? I thought the plugin WAS Gutenberg. I didn’t realize it is built into the core WordPress.

I need to look closer at this.

mikey3times

BuSo Pro
Degree
Haha. I'm a complete moron. I had the Classic Editor plugin installed and then had the Gutenberg plugin on top of that. That's why I didn't realize that Gutenberg is baked into the native wordpress. I don't have time to run through a proper test of all the plugins tonight...that will have to wait until this weekend when I can focus on it for more than an hour.

Thanks for setting me straight, @Ryuzaki.