CrossDomain Tracking

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
VyTAusD.jpg

I'm trying to figure out, how to track the conversions from the AdClick.

Currently, what I'm doing is runnning ads, that are directing users to articles, when they click the ad, they get tagged via UTM for analytics.

If the user clicks on a banner in the article, he will be tagged again (this is how I see wich articles are the most profitable).

In the thank you page, a conversion is registered, but it will be attributed to the article tags, not the AdTags (obviously).

My question is - how do I track the conversions from the ad itself.

Is it even possible?

The end result that I would want to see is which ads turn into conversions the most, but currently Facebook won't pick those indirect conversions up.

Maybe I'm doing this completely wrong, help would be much appreciated.

Hey taco,

Across the different subdomains, do you have the same Facebook pixel is in place? And on the final thank you page, is there a Facebook event code?

If Facebook code is in place across the whole journey, you should be able to see conversions by ad by pulling a report in Facebook.

@TacoCat Hey! Apologies on reviving an old post, but though it might be relevant to others looking to do the same. Also, not sure if you found a solution yet!

I use the Google Analytics Multi Channel Attribution Reports to figure out cross channel data, look at what channels are driving direct sales and which are top of funnel, etc.. It also tells you how many times users come in through each channel

For example:
2x PPC -> Organic -> Converted!

If you have UTMs - I think (90% sure), you will be able to create a segment in GA and then look at the multi channel attribution reports and check what is happening. I haven't done it in a while but it was working great for me 6 months ago.

One thing we figured out with a client is that the most popular way users were converting is:

2x PPC -> Organic -> Converted!

This means we have to expect 2 clicks from each person before they come back and convert, AND that is just a conversion - doesn't necessarily mean a sale! Anyway, more you know, better you can optimize ;-)

Hope this helps

Back