Creating Sequential Vouchers (Printable) - To Be Distributed via E-mail

Degree
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I've last visited BuSo, and it's nice to see that it's still alive and kicking!

Anyway, I'm stumped as to how to approach in creating vouchers that customers can redeem at my physical store (F&B). Basically, we did a crowdfunding campaign (local - Malaysia) and as part of the reward for their pledge is to receive RM10 (Malaysian currency) vouchers. So, in exchange for RM200, they will get RM220 worth of vouchers (RM10 each).

I'm stumped as to how I can create a numbered voucher, so I can match it to the respective funders to track once they have redeemed. I have a list of about 80 people and each would get between 1-22 vouchers (depending on their pledge amount). Preferably, they are to be in a printable format so they can also share the vouchers among their friends and family.

Have you guys done anything similar to this before? If yes, how do I approach it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I'd just use QR codes if your checkout flow allows for a reader. You can simple drop a new table in the DB for vouchers and have a foreign key to the user table to identify any users who've distributed the coupons / vouchers and who to credit for them. Then it's a simple query to provide the aggregates for any particular user.

If you can't do QR, and need to use a long digit / alpha code, you can do it the same way and just generate a PDF or something for people.

Back