Create an Automatically Updating Table

I'm not exactly sure which part you're confused about. Also, I'm not 100% sure about the "automatically updating" part.

It says on the page:

It took quite a lot of time to compile this data

So I'm not under the impression that the data in this table is changing on a regular basis.

Anyway... let's say you do have data that is changing everyday, like MLB standings or something, then you grab the data via an API or via web scraping, and then you create a table out of it. You can pull and render the data on the backend and then deliver the HTML, you could pull on the backend and send raw data to the frontend to be rendered client side, or with some data sources (i.e. if there's a usable/reliable API) you could do everything client side – get the data via AJAX and render it with JavaScript.

I can give you some more concrete details, but I'm not sure which part of the process is holding you up.

Yeah, I guess I was under the impression that the domains themselves were updating on a regular basis as well. Maybe I was over-complicating it? Gathering the stats seems pretty straight-forward to explain to a dev where to scrape/pull. I was thinking that the list of domains was updating as well, but maybe I was wrong to think that.

The numbers were automated so I never had to touch the page again, and only cost around $150 to put together.

Probably took the initial time to compile the list of sites, then automatically pull the stats for each site to update their rank.

@Tao - That could be a good alternative to hiring a developer to create everything. Use an ImportXML function in Google sheets to collect data on each page, then use the plugin to display it on the front end. I like that suggestion

Back