Couple ideas for builder society - Marketplace discussions section - trader history

secretagentdad

Keyword Shitter is better than your keyword tool
BuSo Pro
Degree
I think it would be really cool if we could get some kinda i trader equivalent going.
It makes me a lot more confident trying out vendors even if its not a totally game proof system.

Some dedicated space for verified bst users to discuss on platform content creation / general efforts to boost the network effect of builder society would also be cool.

Last edited:
I was just going to like this post, but i guess the like button is gone on here for some reason. Anyway, i think the Itrader thing is a great idea now that the marketplace is getting bigger here. I honestly never even heard of wickedfire or bhw before untill i started looking around for links after i learned seo. I ended up asking around and researching online and stumbled across wicked and kinda just fell into the culture there (as wild as it was and could get there). The marketplace is what made me keep coming back to those places.

I like the idea of a trader rating system. There's a chunk of people who come here just for the Marketplace and don't even have accounts, so it gives them some positive trust signals if they aren't familiar with any of the vendors beyond their Marketplace thread.

On a domain forum I frequent, it's super common for everyone to use iTrader after any deal because there's feedback that gets left for people as sellers, and for the buyers too. I don't remember if that's how it worked here or if it was just for sellers? Also, most people on that forum buy and sell, which incentivizes everyone to get their feedback scores up.

I'm not sure how to incentivize the buyers to care about that if they aren't selling anything here, but maybe some vendors would be interested in offering some type of perk to buyers with higher scores to encourage people to leave and receive ratings. I would be on board for that.

I think the network effect is a lot bigger now.
Its in every-bodies best interest to build trusted transaction history.
I'm sure we could get some support from most of the marketplace vendors with out issue.

I mean buyers didn't rate their transactions. Some transactions might not want to be seen nor heard. Last thing a buyer needs is a ton of people PMing them for detail on their experience.

How do you get the buyers to rate their transactions?

Bump on this.

Maybe its not great for link sales, but not all of us sell links dude....

I would like to lobby strongly for another test, and a sellers section where we can discuss efforts to promote the forums network effect. Everyone wins here if we can get the marketplace network effect up and running.
We're very close to an inflection point. I'd really like to see a few other people posting around about buso. There really is a lot of demand for non facebook group non paywalled open discussion communities.

This site is by far the best resource I can direct my clients to so that they don't get sucked into any of that ultracrepidarian sales funnel dark sequence bullshit where they teach them a bunch of dumb ass buzz words, then sell them bullshitware.
Been treating it like an antidote for people who got brain washed by shady content marketing and scum bag sales people.

Last edited:
@secretagentdad - I completely agree, this place can blowup and make a lot of money for a lot people. I'm not the one you have to convince.

Back